My build

sootie

Reaction score
i had to dent my elite downpipe so it would clear the egt probe on the uppipe. not just a little bit either.

Wayne

Reaction score
i had to dent my elite downpipe so it would clear the egt probe on the uppipe. not just a little bit either.

That's funny because it all fit perfectly on Erik's truck back when they were his. On kits as involved & tight fittiing as this is, it's a good idea to not have anything tight that doesn't need to be until all the components are in place. On the exhaust manifolds alone there's quite a bit of adjustability. I could very well be wrong, but what may have done it on yours is the positioning of the rest of the exhaust system in relation to the down pipe. Every little variable can add up to a lot of misalignment/ clearance issues.

sootie

Reaction score
That's funny because it all fit perfectly on Erik's truck back when they were his. On kits as involved & tight fittiing as this is, it's a good idea to not have anything tight that doesn't need to be until all the components are in place. On the exhaust manifolds alone there's quite a bit of adjustability. I could very well be wrong, but what may have done it on yours is the positioning of the rest of the exhaust system in relation to the down pipe. Every little variable can add up to a lot of misalignment/ clearance issues.

that's very likely Wayne. dont want to derail-wasnt knocking the product-just saying that clearances are wicked tight and not all trucks are the same.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I got the turbos and have everythingthing just about wrapped up. Just waiting on my downpipe but hopefully that will be done today. It needed some work to fit. Burnout videos will be coming as soon as she is rolling. :pimp:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
:fustrate:I went to install the hot side pipe this morning and when installed, there is a 2.5'' gap between the top side v band and the bottom side v band. I tried everything possible and there is just not enough pipe there to make it work. Looks like I will have to cut the pipe where it is coming down to the intercooler and add 2.5'' of pipe on there so it will work. Has anyone else had this experience or is it just my issue? I left it loose, tried to fit it with no better results. Bottom line is that it needs to be extended to work.

Also my downpipe had to be cut at a angle for the correct fitment. It was tight on the bottom when I tried to put the pipe in but had a 1/4'' gap on the top. Not a big deal but I just don't have time during the week to do this stuff and nobody is open on the weekend.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
:fustrate:I went to install the hot side pipe this morning and when installed, there is a 2.5'' gap between the top side v band and the bottom side v band. I tried everything possible and there is just not enough pipe there to make it work. Looks like I will have to cut the pipe where it is coming down to the intercooler and add 2.5'' of pipe on there so it will work. Has anyone else had this experience or is it just my issue? I left it loose, tried to fit it with no better results. Bottom line is that it needs to be extended to work.

thats really strange! the bends are all the same. maybe nathaniel was drinking when he welded it. if you do it yourself, make sure you retain the bead rolled end. sorry to hear buddy !!

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I will have to have someone do it for me as I have no idea how to weld stainless. It will be cut above the v-band on the pipe that is connected to the high pressure turbo and then the 2.5'' pipe added and the original peace put back on.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I would say that it is OK. Not good but ok. I can make it work, but it deffiently is not at the correct angle to just fit right up without a little fighting.

Looks like I will be meeting up with the owner of Beyond Redline tommarow and giving him the pipe to fix. He says he will probably get to it Monday. That means that I probably wont have the truck going until next weekend now.

Last edited:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I am 100% sure about that. I removed everything around the high pressure turbo to be sure of that as well. It is perfectly mated to the turbo. The pipe just isn't long enough to meet up with the bottom side v-band when its put into the intercooler. I put a tape measure between the two v-bands and its exactly 2.75" gap between the two. The top side pipe currently does not come below the power steering pump even. That cannot be correct because how would you ever get the v-band up there and get it tight. I talked to a few guys and they had to extend their top side pipe as well to fit. Seems like it is common.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Here is what my night consisted of. Fixing my downpipe to fit as well as fixing the hot side pipe to fit correctly.

IMAG0954_zps4cc6be4c.jpg

IMAG0959_zpsa25c6766.jpg

IMAG0957_zps44454d05.jpg

IMAG0962_zps9ccd0e01.jpg

IMAG0963_zpsa9144a87.jpg

Last edited:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Tommarow we will be polishing all the pipes before they go on the truck as well. It is great to have connections close to home.

Latest posts

Members online