My build

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
How does the bottom pipe line up with the IC?

After extending the top side hot pipe 2.5" last night so that it would clear the power steering box and at least mate up to the lower pipe v-band, I checked the fitment of the lower pipe this morning and its way off. Looks like I will have to have that fixed today as well. The lower pipe that connects to the intercooler needs to be cut, rolled, and probably have some taken off from it.

Crack85

Reaction score
After extending the top side hot pipe 2.5" last night so that it would clear the power steering box and at least mate up to the lower pipe v-band, I checked the fitment of the lower pipe this morning and its way off. Looks like I will have to have that fixed today as well. The lower pipe that connects to the intercooler needs to be cut, rolled, and probably have some taken off from it.

Wow.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I cut the pipe apart this morning and it just needed to be rolled about 3/4". I am off now to have it re-tig welded.

Crack85

Reaction score
Ever picked up a TIG torch and fabbed your own piping?

Actually no I have not. It's on my list of things to do. And if I don't I will pay someone to do it on the truck so it fits. Don't try to call me the *** out like I did accused anyone of anything. All I said is not the first time.

BFT

Reaction score
What's that going to do? It's not the first time.

Why wouldn't you let the company you just bought stuff from know that stuff isn't fitting correctly.
I started to have the similar issue as the OP on a couple trucks. One being the v-band not seating properly on the HP turbo (even though it was tight) leaving stuff loose to move around because of the bends (same way you'd do a DP).

Now, the company would most likely need it back to see what's the problem. They probably have a jig for welding, maybe it's off because someone dropped it or vise versa. What I'm getting at is if nothing is said then others will continue getting parts that don't line up.

Crack85

Reaction score
I agree with you on that. But I'm pretty sure the first time I saw a thread about it, it was reported....

Matt

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you let the company you just bought stuff from know that stuff isn't fitting correctly.
I started to have the similar issue as the OP on a couple trucks. One being the v-band not seating properly on the HP turbo (even though it was tight) leaving stuff loose to move around because of the bends (same way you'd do a DP).

Now, the company would most likely need it back to see what's the problem. They probably have a jig for welding, maybe it's off because someone dropped it or vise versa. What I'm getting at is if nothing is said then others will continue getting parts that don't line up.

Precisely. A guy doesn't need to call and be a jerk, just a friendly "hey I had these issues, might want to look into it" would go a long way. Companies can't fix problems if they don't know about them.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Actually no I have not. It's on my list of things to do. And if I don't I will pay someone to do it on the truck so it fits. Don't try to call me the *** out like I did accused anyone of anything. All I said is not the first time.

Lol calm down cupcake. Your post insinuates that elite ****s people on piping. That's what you meant. If you did welding/fab work then you would know that human error is always a possibility and sometimes a tape measure gets read wrong, an angle cut is off, flange dimensions change, etc., it happens especially in large monthly order quantities. I do fab work daily, very rarely does one thing come out *exactly* the same, especially on stuff like this. It happens. Thats why i asked if you've ever done this stuff. if you had, then you would know and wouldnt be a critic, unless you are perfect.

The right thing to do would be to call the shop you get it from and tell them what's going on and give them the shot to fix it. Go from there. Jerry is a pretty capable guy. I'm sure he's not happy about any of it but I doubt he's trying to throw people under the bus over it.

BFT

Reaction score
On the upside. I'm glad the OP is getting it fixed, it's a sh!tty deal having to do it but I hope he gets it going and enjoys the new BOOOOSHT

Crack85

Reaction score
Lol calm down cupcake. Your post insinuates that elite ****s people on piping. That's what you meant. If you did welding/fab work then you would know that human error is always a possibility and sometimes a tape measure gets read wrong, an angle cut is off, flange dimensions change, etc., it happens especially in large monthly order quantities. I do fab work daily, very rarely does one thing come out *exactly* the same, especially on stuff like this. It happens. Thats why i asked if you've ever done this stuff. if you had, then you would know and wouldnt be a critic, unless you are perfect.

The right thing to do would be to call the shop you get it from and tell them what's going on and give them the shot to fix it. Go from there. Jerry is a pretty capable guy. I'm sure he's not happy about any of it but I doubt he's trying to throw people under the bus over it.

Pm sent sir

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Alright there guys I was busy working on the truck again and came back and seen the start of a little drama.LOL By no way am I throwing anyone under the bus here, just stating what I am dealing with and how to fix the issues. I will let the correct people know when I am done and everything is perfect. I took good pics and hope that it will make a better product in the end for EVERYONE to enjoy. Really what I had to do wasn't all that bad because of the people that I know here where I live.(welders/fabricators) I am 100% happy with my piping now that it is all lined up and installed. It looks really nice and fits like a glove now that some things were fixed. I will gladly help anyone out with answers that is putting in a high power kit or thinking about it as I have one under my belts now and could do it 300 times faster if I had to do it again. The one thing that I think would be AWESOME to have would be a simple chart or paper that showed you how things lined up and maybe some cheap pictures of how they should look when its done. I am saving all my pictures and putting something together to possibly help everyone out in the future. But like I had stated earlier in the post, there is NO hate here, its all good fella's. Things didn't go exactly as I would have liked, but what does. Stay calm and Chive on!!!!

pog

Reaction score
^ now there's a reply from a happy guy lol. Waiting on some videos..

NathannialD

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that the pipes didnt fit Jerry, one question i have is did you loosen the high pressure comp housing and clock it? i know some have issues with that pipe since they didn't know to do that.

Either way glad you got it together and once again sorry about the issues.