My build

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I have lots of pictures and video that I will load up later today. I left everything at Performance Diesel yesterday because I got called out on an emergency call for work. Hard to belive but it was a woman driver that drove into a restaurant with her car and stopped finally in the kitchen area of the restaurant. Getting back at it here today soon.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Hard to belive but it was a woman driver that drove into a restaurant with her car and stopped finally in the kitchen area of the restaurant.

Soooo many comments can be made here but i'll refrain!

What size wastegate are you running, and what pressure are you going to have it open at? Nice build by the way, wish i had the extra cash right now to do mine!

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I will be running a Tial 44 gate and I am not sure yet when I will have it open up. Have to play with it a little bit to see what works the best with the setup.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I would put about 1.4 bar springs in it and it should work on it's own pretty well.

I run. Similar in my race truck with no air running to it and it works well.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Nope it opens at about 75 psi absolute back pressure. I think I have 1.2 bar springs. I went a little lighter because IM feeding between stages.
Probably nothing wrong with how I have it set even for stock turbos but a little more spring would probably be better

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
:toast:As of yesterday the rig is back. Videos coming along with a my thoughts on all the parts and how it all came together. Have not got on it hard yet, but... today is another day.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Tommarow will be a big day with any luck. I have been on call for work since last Thursday and when I wasnt working on my truck, I was working and I am just glad that tonight was a night off from the truck to be honest. I plan on getting it out tommarow night because today is my last night on call so I will be able to do whatever I want then with my time. Looking forward to seeing what kind of animal this truck has become. It has been a long time coming and I have learned an enormous amount about the 6.4's doing this build.

Just so everyone knows also we had a hell of a time with the cab bolts on the truck spinning. REALLY SUCKED!!!:fustrate: They are now welded.

Looking forward to spending some time with the rig behind the wheel and not just thinking about it.:naughty:

Diesel23

Reaction score
Glad To Hear Things work out !! And what a hell of a xmas gift ,its the gift that just keeps giving

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Little update here guys on the truck. The last two days I have been sicker than a dog and have not even wanted to drive my truck. Stayed in bed literally almost all day for two days stright. This morning I woke up and felt much better than the previous days, so I fired out of bed and to the truck. Fired it up and went for a ride. First blew off the hot side intercooler boot,fixed that and next was the middle boot in the No limit intake setup.LOL After I got those back together it was now raining here. :wtf: Thats my luck.

I did take the truck out anyways and drove around in 4hi. The truck is very fun to drive now and has a much harder pull than before. Also when you roll into the throttle now at about 60 it comes on really hard and fast. I am running the Black Maxx at low fuel boost set a 1 and there is almost NO SMOKE. Love it!!!

Truck feels really strong and pulls like a freight train. I have yet to load up the HD300 and see what that feels like, but from what I am seeing with the Mild 250tune, I can bet that it is going to be awesome! Later today if the rain stops, I will load up the HD300 and go for a spin.

I have to get some miles on the truck here yet before I go beating on it just to make sure all the little things are all good and let the engine go through some heat cycles.

Love this setup so far. :pimp:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I have had this setup on my truck now for a little bit and just turned 250 miles on the setup. I have to say that I really love how the truck drives and happy with the manners on of the truck. Completly smoke free on the HD300 tune even with low boost fuel setting at 3. Truck runs super clean! Spools very quickly at almost any speed and comes on pretty hard as well. I have been worried a good bit about my trans chittin the bed.:flush: Overall I am very happy with the Tow Power Plus Turbos and 60 hp nozzle combo. Runs clean and cool. Also I have not seen high enough back pressure numbers to even open the wastegate to date. The highest I have seen thus far along was high 60's on my Black Maxx. Really think that is pretty cool.

Now that I have over 250 miles on the truck, the dyno is calling my name. LOL Dyno numbers coming very soon.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I have had this setup on my truck now for a little bit and just turned 250 miles on the setup. I have to say that I really love how the truck drives and happy with the manners on of the truck. Completly smoke free on the HD300 tune even with low boost fuel setting at 3. Truck runs super clean! Spools very quickly at almost any speed and comes on pretty hard as well. I have been worried a good bit about my trans chittin the bed.:flush: Overall I am very happy with the Tow Power Plus Turbos and 60 hp nozzle combo. Runs clean and cool. Also I have not seen high enough back pressure numbers to even open the wastegate to date. The highest I have seen thus far along was high 60's on my Black Maxx. Really think that is pretty cool.

Now that I have over 250 miles on the truck, the dyno is calling my name. LOL Dyno numbers coming very soon.

Glad to hear that is working out for ya. Seems like a great build from both reliability and street ability. You definitely gotta post some vids.

Latest posts

Members online