PIP out

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
So promising updates to customers and customer support but suddenly putting on your website you are closed all of a sudden doesn't seem sketchy? We are only assuming the EPA got to them but have no solid proof. To me it seems like an exit scam. Stick your customers with subpar tuning, close up shop then reopen and sell them the same tuning under a different name.

I'm happy with my PIP v8 tunes; I just wish they were still in business and on the EZ LYNK platform so I had the SOTF option for daily driving versus towing.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So promising updates to customers and customer support but suddenly putting on your website you are closed all of a sudden doesn't seem sketchy? We are only assuming the EPA got to them but have no solid proof. To me it seems like an exit scam. Stick your customers with subpar tuning, close up shop then reopen and sell them the same tuning under a different name.

they got them. it's not a scam. case closed .

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I think we've crossed from questioning the legitimacy of PIP and the EPA into plain old butthurt. LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully the local drug dealer will start selling tunes since their business strategies are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well that's between you and them i guess , but they got popped man, over a year ago .

higherlife

Reaction score
I think we've crossed from questioning the legitimacy of PIP and the EPA into plain old butthurt. LOL

Its not butthurt, its morals. But you seem to head towards insults so i won't bother with trying to explain.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Morals? A company gets drilled by the EPA and is staring down the barrel of tens of thousands in fines and it's a moral issue for you? You knew going into a de lete that it's a cat and mouse game. Your mouse got caught...suck it up and find a new tuner. They don't owe you a plate of cold piss.

higherlife

Reaction score
Morals? A company gets drilled by the EPA and is staring down the barrel of tens of thousands in fines and it's a moral issue for you? You knew going into a de lete that it's a cat and mouse game. Your mouse got caught...suck it up and find a new tuner. They don't owe you a plate of cold piss.

Drug dealer: take money from customers until a van is sitting outside your house. Take money and skip town.

Diesel Tuner: take money from customers until a letter arrives in mail.
Take money and skip town.

You're right, there is no morals from tuning companies then. Its a 'provide a service while you can until the law catches up'. Wow they should use that in their marketing approach 'we will make you promises of updates but if the 'EPA' comes around, we won't owe you a plate of cold piss'.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
You're one of those people that shouldn't modify vehicles.
I'm sure their actual business plan included staying open for a long, long time. The government decided to go another way. I guess you think H&S, Edge and everyone else that's been hit are "drug dealers" too? Go find a new hobby....this one ain't for you.

higherlife

Reaction score
You're one of those people that shouldn't modify vehicles.
I'm sure their actual business plan included staying open for a long, long time. The government decided to go another way. I guess you think H&S, Edge and everyone else that's been hit are "drug dealers" too? Go find a new hobby....this one ain't for you.

H&S issued a recall so people could get their money back. So did Edge. Is PIP doing the same? If so, I'll stop right now.
Keep the insults coming too by the way. Makes me laugh thinking about the person sitting behind your keyboard.

DC87

Reaction score
Issue a refund? For tuning you received? Like everyone is saying they didn't plan for this im sure. Mike has no reason to lie about them getting popped by the EPA. It's a risk quit being whiney and suck up getting some new tuning. If you can't afford it sell the truck. This thread has become pointless.

higherlife

Reaction score
Issue a refund? For tuning you received? Like everyone is saying they didn't plan for this im sure. Mike has no reason to lie about them getting popped by the EPA. It's a risk quit being whiney and suck up getting some new tuning. If you can't afford it sell the truck. This thread has become pointless.

This forum has become pointless with arrogant people.
And are you that naive that you can't read the previous comments to realize I didn't say i wanted a refund? He said HS and Edge took the money and ran just like PIP but they did not. They got busted, offered a recall and rebuilt. It was a ****ty comparison on his part.

Inline6359

Reaction score
i look forward to the day it's who you know and who they know to get ****** tuning for a truck, not sold to the general public. We lose another good company, and possibly another and it's about me me me me.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
As I understand it their settlement hasn't been finalized. It's very possible they will have to make the same offer H&S and others did. You're just he'll bent on throwing them under the bus when the situation hasn't played out yet.
You sound petty and I promise you I'm not the only one that thinks so.

higherlife

Reaction score
As I understand it their settlement hasn't been finalized. It's very possible they will have to make the same offer H&S and others did. You're just he'll bent on throwing them under the bus when the situation hasn't played out yet.
You sound petty and I promise you I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Again with the insults. This is the third one yet I am still laughing at the miserable, middle aged man sitting behind his keyboard.
Read my original post. I knew the consensus of this forum would be against it. Stating i thought their disappearance was suspect. Trying to bring up a discussion but it seems everyone here has direct connections with the EPA and has predicted the future.

And you even quoted Matt at ******* in which he basically said that tuning companies should stay strong and not give in. Yet everyone here is saying 'you're wining, just buy other tunes until they go out of business and then buy more'
Can you please attach a link about their settlement? You seem to know the facts that i can not find.
Again, my original post was stating that just shutting down their website with no information seemed unorthodox for a company. Hence why I made the drug dealer comment because when the cops catch up to a drug dealer, they usually skip town. Is it really that hard to understand what i am trying to get at here?
I can't wait for your next insult too by the way.....

sootie

Reaction score
Grow up. Everybody knows that tampering with emissions equipment is illegal in every sense of the word. Shouldn't be a big surprise that tuning companies are being targeted. Also, many businesses go under everyour day and leave all their paying customers with warranty high and dry...but that shouldn't happen right?

higherlife

Reaction score
Grow up. Everybody knows that tampering with emissions equipment is illegal in every sense of the word. Shouldn't be a big surprise that tuning companies are being targeted. Also, many businesses go under everyour day and leave all their paying customers with warranty high and dry...but that shouldn't happen right?

I still don't understand why everyone has to have an insult in their post. Really shows the intellectual level on this forum.

So any sort of tuning device that alters emissions equipment is 100% Illegal to own?

jwanck11

Reaction score
Except they didn't just "go under," did they?

I now return you all to the guy speaking sensibly while the rest act like fools as if someone actually cares whey they or anyone else has to think.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.