post your hp and dyno info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
you actually can and works pretty well

I guess I'll have to take your word for it. Computer generated flow data says otherwise though and that's where I'm coming from. Take it out and log some testing. That's the only real way to put it to rest, IMO

windrunner408

Reaction score
I guess I'll have to take your word for it. Computer generated flow data says otherwise though and that's where I'm coming from. Take it out and log some testing. That's the only real way to put it to rest, IMO

Dont really want to argue but in all honesty the factory manifold is nothing more than smooth T's and 90's and if the T's and 90's are big enough it would work even by "computer generated flow data", which is why we need real world number results. Just sayin.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
well the stock manifolds are cast iron...doesn't stainless dissipate heat faster than cast iron?

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
If the 6L manifolds are so bad why are the 6.4 guys putting them on the 6.4. Rudy made 1200 plus hp and ran 9.4x@146 with 6L exhaust manifolds. So no offence to MPD but you better have more proof than "they work better" to convince us that your manifolds make the diference between a turbo that works awesome and everyone else here that says they run hot

windrunner408

Reaction score
Well maybe Rudy could have made 1226hp if he would have used some stainless steel headers.

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
craig shoot for what mike and shawn posted about the 50 mph roll, from no boost up to say 70-80. egts, boost numbers etc.

and if you could get a run and a cruise on a grade/hill that would prove worthwhile.

if they work like you say they do ill be ordering a complete setup from you.

same here, i have the exact turbo and i know what it does on my truck

Super 6.0

Reaction score
Stainless has a higher thermal expansion rate than carbon steel which is why it cracks cuz most people produce some mild steel/stainless combo that can't stand up to the heat cycles. The metallurgical structure simple wont allow it. But isn't this thread about what combo of parts have what results not who has the next best product for my 6.0?... jus sayin

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

my79f

Reaction score
no he does not

Off topic- Do you have an elite sticker in the middle back glass, and duals? If so, i was behind you about 4 today on southbound 35 when you exited at 190, or 191. I was in the White peterbilt dumptruck that said W.D.Fischer on the side.

You have a great looking truck.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
thatd be me, small world. glad to see more people out here on psn

and thanks for the compliment on the rig

my79f

Reaction score
thatd be me, small world. glad to see more people out here on psn

and thanks for the compliment on the rig

No worries man. If you ever see a CCLB4x4 Tan w/black bottom and black wheels, thats me. I live in San Marcos, and work in NB.

kdogg85

Reaction score
Windrunner my old friend, I found out I am more around 500 even if I am lucky with all I've got. I read this thread a week ago and called the guy doing my tunes and sure enough, it was a mustang dyno. I thought now crap, had to erase a big lie off the .org. I was dissapointed, due to this stuff not being cheap and not getting the bang for the buck. Oh well, those parts are gone now.

windrunner408

Reaction score
kdogg85, what's your setup? I forgot. How do you know you are barely at 500?? Dyno or track?? I saw this thread and had to realign my expectations with what I was planning for my truck.

kdogg85

Reaction score
Dyno is only thig this truck has ever been on, and that was to tune it. never been to the track. Plus reading some of the E.T.'s and trap speeds, my truck just isn't quite there I had a pmax and 175/100's. Those parts are off and gone already. In the morning the s364/s474 and 205/100's will be in, getting it plumbed up saturday. And then find someone with a good dyno and reputation to tune with so I can have some real numbers.

I don't understand the bashing of the pmax, it is a tad bigger and I think more versatile. The same driving chars. can be had as stock. the only reason I bought it was my factory turbo died, and it was as cheap as a stocker. And it worked fine for me. the Holy Grail, no it isn't. But it's ok as a product to me.

Last edited:

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea provided you get the tuning right, you should be pretty happy with that new setup. I am only after a true 500Hp but still want as much towing as I can get. I am planning on going with 190/100 injectors, gogo stage 1 intake, and a 62mm batmowheel waste gated non-vgt turbo (I'll spec out the sizes later since it will be a little while before it all happens). Should spool fast and be fun to drive as well as set me up for towing twins down the road.

kdogg85

Reaction score
Honestly, the whole non vgt thing is a (WTH i only live once) thing to do, plus no cleaning vanes anymore. You should be able to tow no problem with that outfit. You won't believe how much Doug's manifold helps driveability out. Have you thought about what low pressure to go with yet.

I just hope my s364 isn't to big, I did get the .70 housing on it, and diverter valves on both chrgers to help out and maintain top end. I want to try and pull hard all the way to 4100 rpms and not have that run out of $%& feeling at 3300 rpms the pmax gave me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online