Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Oh chit looks like I shouldnt have gone to dayton tonight, did you go edward scissorhands on my hood LOL

Edward-Scissorhands.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score

Dam u scary!

Hellz no.

LOL

Matt sounds like a good list. Hope you can keep up. :slap:
All joking aside tho, i cant wait to see this truck finished. Then the other truck finished. Then party.

Haha Ill do my best too, Im so ready to have it finished, Ill admit its had me stressed out lately just becuase thats how I get and I just have a bunch of things always going through my head about various parts of the swap Im trying to figure out the best way to go about, searching for parts, etc. but itll all be worth it in the end!

Now my black truck on the other hand... well thats been pushed off my mind for now.

At least now Ill have time for us to get the suspension set up real nice on that truck, I doubt it will back on the road before next year at the earliest.

But Im always down to party:clapping:

juniort444e

Reaction score
Hell ya me too.

And i hear you on the stress stuff. When i pulled my motor out and had to figure everything out as i was going along, then things not working out and having to spend more money got old. Not to mention covering my girlfriends dads garage roof in oil from testing compression. Which i still have to replace the drywall, but thats another story. I did have a few days when it was just me and i get really hot tempered with myself while working alone, but those days i had a few friends over and stuff got bumpin and everything was all good.

Keep your head up bud.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Haha Ill do my best too, Im so ready to have it finished, Ill admit its had me stressed out lately just becuase thats how I get and I just have a bunch of things always going through my head about various parts of the swap Im trying to figure out the best way to go about, searching for parts, etc. but itll all be worth it in the end!

We'll get there bud..... every project in the shop has issues.... that's why they are projects and why some people are afraid of tackling them.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Hell ya me too.

And i hear you on the stress stuff. When i pulled my motor out and had to figure everything out as i was going along, then things not working out and having to spend more money got old. Not to mention covering my girlfriends dads garage roof in oil from testing compression. Which i still have to replace the drywall, but thats another story. I did have a few days when it was just me and i get really hot tempered with myself while working alone, but those days i had a few friends over and stuff got bumpin and everything was all good.

Keep your head up bud.

Yeah Im really lucky and thankful to have Jason and Bryan and Ray helping me cuase if I was doing this myself, first off id be doing it outside in the cold and second tools would probably be scattered from excessive throwing LOL It definitely helps to have friends to work with you especially ones that are incredibly knowledgable cause then with all of us working together it makes figuring things out a whole lot easier.

Im just ready to get back into my new and improved truck and out of this crappy jeep liberty! LOL

We'll get there bud..... every project in the shop has issues.... that's why they are projects and why some people are afraid of tackling them.

Yeah you are absolutely right, projects are always fun I just need to work on my patience LOL

juniort444e

Reaction score
Thats the worst part, waiting to get back into the truck. Killed me for 3 months since i didnt have a constant ride home to work on it.

Im not so sure jason is much help, he probably makes a mean pizza tho, thatd help alot i guess. :poke: But that is one hell of an awesome group to be helping you there, mine was more of a moral support group along with some drinking and dancing to songs and making fun of me.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
If youre luck is so bad, then id make sure you didnt get a 53 block on the cummins LOL

Good luck man, this is looking like a great build.

One of my best friends down in my neck of the woods has a 53 block.

It's been over 500 for about 4-5 years. Over 600 for the last two years.

He melted a piston and smoked a couple rod bearings late last year.

As of now, it's back on the road with 240's and a 76 under a 64. But, his name ain't Matt P lol.

Matt_P

Reaction score
One of my best friends down in my neck of the woods has a 53 block.

It's been over 500 for about 4-5 years. Over 600 for the last two years.

He melted a piston and smoked a couple rod bearings late last year.

As of now, it's back on the road with 240's and a 76 under a 64. But, his name ain't Matt P lol.

Thats a very good point LOL

Got some good progress made today though, I finally got a good set of main and rod bearings straight from cummins and amazingly they all fit perfect! So today we got the bottom end all assembled.

All the clearances and crank end play checked were all in spec so needless to say I was pretty happy with how today went! Once I get my head back and my new front cover its time for the rest of the engine to go back together, now on to some pics:

Nice shiny new bearings:
DSC01091.jpg

Crank and main caps in:
DSC01092.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

Rods and shiny new pistons all in:
DSC01100.jpg

DSC01106.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

juniort444e

Reaction score
You need to clean up that garbage man. Gonna trip and lose a tooth.

Looking good Matt. And the truck is looking really lonely in the back ground.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

Trucks done exploded all over the shop. 6.0 and 5.9 parts everywhere from Matt, IFS and SAS stuff down through the "middle" with my truck, 7.3 PSD and associated parts just chillen and waiting for the block and heads to get done. LOL

01dmax

Reaction score
the shop is definitly a mess. Hard to believe that its still better than it was a few months ago. We've just put more stuff in the places we cleaned.

Matt_P

Reaction score

Thanks Greg, and yeah its very lonely looking

Trucks done exploded all over the shop. 6.0 and 5.9 parts everywhere from Matt, IFS and SAS stuff down through the "middle" with my truck, 7.3 PSD and associated parts just chillen and waiting for the block and heads to get done. LOL

LOL yeah Im definitely not helping with the mess, I got my junk taking up 3 tables and a whole lot more space!

the shop is definitly a mess. Hard to believe that its still better than it was a few months ago. We've just put more stuff in the places we cleaned.

We got too many projects going on

juniort444e

Reaction score
^^ well we do need a certified floor sweeper :poke:

I would love to. I can wear a cute outfit as well. Even show my donelap and back boobies.

I mentioned it before. I can sweep like no other. Plus i will get to pick on your welding skills so its a win win for me. :walkin:

Latest posts

Members online