Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

Matt_P

Reaction score
good to see this taking shape matt. whens the estimated time of completion?

Thanks Konnor, I would like to have it on the road in 3 weeks. Once the drive train is in its just a matter of getting driveshafts made, Hydroboost and powersteering lines, 5.4 gasser pedal and throttle linkage, intercooler pipes, radiator hoses, tranny cooler lines, wiring, shifter linkage and i think thats about it.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
Thanks Konnor, I would like to have it on the road in 3 weeks. Once the drive train is in its just a matter of getting driveshafts made, Hydroboost and powersteering lines, 5.4 gasser pedal and throttle linkage, intercooler pipes, radiator hoses, tranny cooler lines, wiring, shifter linkage and i think thats about it.

That's the part I hated about mine, tell I actually got in their and started doing it , ended up actually being rather easy to get it all done.

I don't know if you said or not but did you have the crank balanced or anything ?

Matt_P

Reaction score
That's the part I hated about mine, tell I actually got in their and started doing it , ended up actually being rather easy to get it all done.

I don't know if you said or not but did you have the crank balanced or anything ?

Yeah I figure it will be more time consuming than difficult.

The crank was just polished, I didnt have it balanced.

Also I just got back from being gone for the weekend and my P pump parts were sitting here along with my studs. So tomorrow I can get the engine more assembled.

Also ordered my 4k springs, rack plug and cam sensor adapter bracket tonight so I dont have many parts left to get. Just waiting on my tach kit, engine mounts and Airdog.

Matt_P

Reaction score
You lose a helper. Heard ole ray is P whooped now LOLLOL

Keep up the work bud.

Thanks greg

Got some progress made today, ignore the ugly engine, Ill do some painting tomorrow. Got the head on though as well as the front cover, tappets, cam, intake manifold, oil cooler and water pump. My cam endplay was in spec as well.

When I got home tonight my new injectors and p pump were sitting here as well so I got plenty more to do tomorrow. Here are some pics:
DSC01112.jpg

DSC01113.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

01dmax

Reaction score
it was hot tanked twice all the stuff still wouldnt come off then they spent a long time on it with a wire wheel on the grinder.

If you have it sand blasted i would be careful not to get any of the deck or anything were its supposed to be smooth.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Looking really good Matt

Thanks man!

Looking good Matt!! Can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks Scotty!

Thats no fun. How did you guys prep the block. Im thinking of sand blasting mine, but trying to keep most of the motor blocked up so the sand doesnt get every where in side the block.

Like bryan said hot tanked twice then lots of work with a wire wheel. I wouldnt sand blast your block, no matter how much you cover stuff up your gonna get sand inside that block and your not gonna be able to get it all out til its eating up your bearings. I would either get it hot tanked somewhere or find a place that can bake it to take all the **** off. I would steer away from glass beading or sand blasting the block.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Thanks matt. I know someone who did that to a small block, so far its not having any problems. But i would rather be safe than sorry. How much was it to hot tank it.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Thanks matt. I know someone who did that to a small block, so far its not having any problems. But i would rather be safe than sorry. How much was it to hot tank it.

No probem, Id just play it safe if I were you. The hot tanking was included with all the work that was done at the machine shop since it had to be hot tanked to remove all grease and oil prior to machining. I would just go to a local machine shop and see if they will stick it in the hot tank for a day for you.

Also I didnt have much time to work in the shop today, only about 3 hours so I didnt get a whole lot done, but I got the injectors and valvetrain in, tappet cover, and some of the accessories. As of right now Im getting extremely frustrated with these alternator adapter brackets as nothing is fitting the way it should at all. Anyways here is a couple pictures:
DSC01120.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

Latest posts

Members online