Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

Matt_P

Reaction score
You said you are going to run a 5x14? On a 24 valve with a P7100? Have you talked to anybody about injectors?

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

I was just talking about an injector along the lines of that size basing off what I know on a 12v. Dont know too much about 24v injector sizing.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
They're gonna be custom with a P-pump. 24v's and 12v's have a different bowl, and need a different spray pattern, as well as a few other obvious differences. But it's not as simple as a sleeve and a 12v injector.

You might already be aware of all that, I'm sure Jason is on it.

Matt_P

Reaction score
They're gonna be custom with a P-pump. 24v's and 12v's have a different bowl, and need a different spray pattern, as well as a few other obvious differences. But it's not as simple as a sleeve and a 12v injector.

You might already be aware of all that, I'm sure Jason is on it.

Yeah I know I need to have the 24v injectors set to a 280-300 bar. I know guys use 24v injectors with a p pump that arent re popped as well but there power suffers a lot. I think 24v injectors are normally 7 hole? I want something smaller than a 7x.012 cause I know thats comparable to about a 5x.016-5x.018 12v injector

Im not the most knowledgeable about cummins injectors but Ive been reading LOL

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
The 53 block buddy of mine wanted to P-pump his, so I got to hear all about it.

Matt_P

Reaction score
The 53 block buddy of mine wanted to P-pump his, so I got to hear all about it.

ohh I gotcha

sweet project!

Thanks!

I just went and picked my head up at the machine shop and it looks great! Got my new valve guides, seals, hardened valve seats and Hamiltion 110 springs installed and the head decked. Im just waiting on my studs and it will be ready to go back on!
8e2a4171.jpg

e8676b85.jpg

3a4861ce.jpg

TRUBBS

Reaction score
Are you guys gona pipe thread the freeze plugs? Seams to be the new "in" thing that 24v guys are always recommending when someone talks about pulling their engine/head...

Countryboy07

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it Matt, but have you found a pump yet? I've got a virgin 160 pump I'm selling with everything needed to do the swap minus the lines and intake riser... PM me if you need one. Oh, and I have a set of 4k's sitting here as well.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it Matt, but have you found a pump yet? I've got a virgin 160 pump I'm selling with everything needed to do the swap minus the lines and intake riser... PM me if you need one. Oh, and I have a set of 4k's sitting here as well.

Price on the 4k's?

AKHILF

Reaction score
Not wanting to jinx myself but when my 6.0 goes im going to be in your shoes. Seems like you've had some issues but i'm sure you'll be smiling ear to ear when its done.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Not wanting to jinx myself but when my 6.0 goes im going to be in your shoes. Seems like you've had some issues but i'm sure you'll be smiling ear to ear when its done.

Oh yeah I think Im going to be very happy when its all said and done!

Also for an update I got my injectors squared away. I got a set of DDP 150s on the way reset to 290 bar.

All I got left to order is my 191 DVs, 4gsk kit, fuel plate and that should be about it.

My studs, motor mounts, tach kit and p pump kit should be here by the beginning of next week and my firepunk built tranny should be done by then as well.

My hopes are to have the drivetrain in my truck by sunday.

Latest posts

Members online