Quick 2015 deleted review

higherlife

Reaction score
After doing a short road trip today from my home town st. Augustine to my new town of work I thought I would give a review of my deleted 2015 f250

I went back home for the weekend to install a afe delete pipe, edge insight, sct x4 and egr blocker plates all from NoLimitFabrications.

Taking the dpf out took my father and I about 2 1/2 hours. It was quite a simple process but unhooking all the sponsors took a while since there was what felt like a hundred. We used two jack stands and unbolted the hangers, lowered the rear of the dpf and was able to slide it back and out.

The egr was simple, a swivel and a foot long extension should have it installed in about 15 minutes.

The tuning was quite simple if you follow mikes instructions. I took out the dpf first and then loaded the tunes/file and when I turned the key to the on position it threw up some codes relating to the dpf being gone. I had a good laugh because of the million sensors that the truck was looking for but it noticed they were disconnected. Anyways, once everything was loaded, it took care of all the trouble codes relating to the dpf and I was good to go :D:D:D

The truck does sound good with the stock exhaust tip/section, it has a low rumble but goes to a jet turbine pssshing like sound when in idle which I think is related to the stock exhaust tip/section. I got the same sound in my duramax with the stock down pipe but it was caused by restriction which I think is going on with the 250. No worries, I got a mbrp turn down coming next week.

What I was getting to was that I ran on the performance tune #3 for around 200 miles today with no problems. The truck shifted way better than stock and definitely would haul when I needed to. I averaged 19.4 mpg's and yes I hand calculated it based apron filing up when I left and filling up when I got to Orlando.

Just wanted to share my experience and hope others have the same as me!!!

truckmaniac

Reaction score
Thanks for your review.

I just finished deleting the DPF on my 2015. It was getting late, so the EGR plates will have to wait until tomorrow.

When the X4 instructed me to turn the key to the "on" position, a message came up on the dash that said "Reduced Power". I was worried for a few minutes until the tuning process started and the message went off. I also went with the Performance Tune.

The truck started right up and sounds great. I added a Banks Monster Muffler to keep things on the tame side, based on previous experience with my tuned 2013. Didn't have time to go for a test drive, so that will also have to wait until tomorrow.

roadkingfl

Reaction score
Higherlife, I went on the NoLimitFabrication website and didn't see anything for the 2015's. Did you have to call them or did I just miss something on the website.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Has to be a scary feeling when you are deleting (removing stuff) all that stuff from your $60k+ truck and first see the trouble code pop up.......probably a lot of "Please dissapear, please dissapear"...lol. Everything was already deleted on the truck when I bought mine so I didn't have to feel that....

Glad it all worked out. Pretty good MPG!

jcain

Reaction score
The hissing/pshhh is the turbo with the vanes in different positions

higherlife

Reaction score
Higherlife, I went on the NoLimitFabrication website and didn't see anything for the 2015's. Did you have to call them or did I just miss something on the website.

The tuning for the 2015 is in one of the X4 links, it is an option you have to select. The AFE delete pipe is under exhaust systems but for 2011-2014, it will fit on the 2015's.
The blocker plates is under egr deletes, 6.7 egt solution kit.

Hope this helps

higherlife

Reaction score
Has to be a scary feeling when you are deleting (removing stuff) all that stuff from your $60k+ truck and first see the trouble code pop up.......probably a lot of "Please dissapear, please dissapear"...lol. Everything was already deleted on the truck when I bought mine so I didn't have to feel that....

Glad it all worked out. Pretty good MPG!

yeah, after a minute that 'got to think of a good excuse why all this emissions crap is missing on a brand new truck to tell the dealership' feeling set in. But it was quickly dismissed with gratitude when it all went away :thumbup:

higherlife

Reaction score
The hissing/pshhh is the turbo with the vanes in different positions

just curious, on powerstrokes is it common for it to constantly do it at idle without going to a rumble?
on my duramax, it would do it on start up everytime but only for 10 seconds or so and then go to a rumble.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I have a 15 retro kit on my 12 but depending on the temperature, it will hiss for a while. I have an AFE delete pipe with an MBRP filter back kit so it isn't the factory tailpipe hiss. Once the truck warms up a little bit, she changes tones and sounds like a completey different truck with a nice rumble. I was concerned the first couple cold starts but everything seemed fine and now with more 15's being deleted, I'm hearing the same thing with them so nothing to worry about. I'm sure the neighbors really appreciate it!!

Keith

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Does all of your guys go from a whistle to more of a whoosh when you're in the skinny pedal and about 20 psi of boost and above? Mine was obnoxious until I installed the 30" FTE resonator.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Mine does, really starts moving when the whistles stops. Even just normal driving. How clean is the exhaust daily driving with the SCT tuning? If I'm not paying attention, low rpm's will really smoke. I usually lock out 5th and 6th, sometimes even 4th in stop and go.

Keith

higherlife

Reaction score
Does all of your guys go from a whistle to more of a whoosh when you're in the skinny pedal and about 20 psi of boost and above? Mine was obnoxious until I installed the 30" FTE resonator.

Yes definitely a noticeable whooshing sound when i get on it. i might have to look into a resonator if it gets on my nerves

Mine does, really starts moving when the whistles stops. Even just normal driving. How clean is the exhaust daily driving with the SCT tuning? If I'm not paying attention, low rpm's will really smoke. I usually lock out 5th and 6th, sometimes even 4th in stop and go.

Keith

Running on the performance tune, number 3, it is definitely a clean tune. I can make it smoke a little going from 4 to 5 but other than that, i do not get any smoke. i will be putting it on number 4 when i get a break for lunch just to see how it runs but will be putting it back to number 3 or even 2 if i feel that it could harm the tranny

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I have a haze on tune 2 - street. Zero smoke no matter what on tow - tune 1. I haven't tried tune 3 - performance. But tune 4 - extreme, well it's extreme. It smokes a lot, too fast for me and is insane!

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Hey Mike, got any recommendations for tunes to help complete this 15 retro kit? It's a stock, cast wheel turbo. Hoping maybe you have some insight on who may be able to compliment this kit with your CAI.

Keith

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Hey Mike, got any recommendations for tunes to help complete this 15 retro kit? It's a stock, cast wheel turbo. Hoping maybe you have some insight on who may be able to compliment this kit with your CAI.

Keith

We have a pretty kickass set of tunes for the X4 that really compliment the 15 charger.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.