We can rebuild it

jdgleason

Reaction score
Shane, im taking abiut the bottom line. How much power does the truck make? I see your missing my point.

I think you truly are missing the bottom line. This truck you are referring to has more weight in rolling stock than your piss ant extended cab weighs overall. It drags power numbers down.

If this truck was lowered it would make WAY more power.

White_monster

Reaction score
Power train loses are huge with bigger chassis's, lifts, large tires, big wheels, etc. In order to make 700whp with Erik's truck with all the additions he needed these parts to propel it. Like JD said, take the lift and big wheels off and I bet he's up around 850whp.

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
Lifted, CC, etc compared to a lowered, ext cab etc

Well let me take a step back and say Hallers and Dustin obviously did good work. Your truck look real nice. Those wheels are insane Eric! This truck should be in a mag. I hope you are happy with it Eric. That thing will be fun to drive. Sick truck.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I honestly think to much is being put into what the peak number is on all these 6.4 dyno sheets. Where these turbos shine in my opinion is the whole curve. Erics truck makes big power from right off idle to full rpm. It has instant throttle response at all times, and is a blast to drive.
I'll use my own dodge as an example. In this graph my truck peaks 1005hp but does anyone here honestly think my truck will put 1k hp to the ground all the way down the drag strip?
uploadfromtaptalk1325033548151.jpg

I mean I make 1k hp don't I? I guess what im getting at is there is far more to building a high horse power truck than trying to achieve just a big peak number.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i know on BFT's truck, we consistently lose 40+ hp with the tires and lift. we have dyno'd on the same dyno with almost exactly the same stuff, and i always put 40+ on him. i imagine that number is exponential. one thing joe has drastically overlooked about boost numbers... shone made 911 at 60psi .... and i made 636 at 60 psi .... whats the differenceyou say? AIT's baby. lb/min is drastically increased at cooler temps. there is a mathematical equation for this, but i believe its something like 20+hp for every 100* of IAT drop.

BFT

Reaction score
I'm sure elevation plays a big role in this as well, probably more so on the driveability. I know when we finished mikes truck, coming from 5500+ to sea level was a game changer. Even more so with my truck when I came home, boost was higher and responds was WAY better.

Eric's truck is going to be fun when he gets that bad boy home.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
So are you getting it back tomorrow? I want to see the damn wheels on it already!

I fly in early afternoon tomorrow. I will be sure to get some pics taken.

Well let me take a step back and say Hallers and Dustin obviously did good work. Your truck look real nice. Those wheels are insane Eric! This truck should be in a mag. I hope you are happy with it Eric. That thing will be fun to drive. Sick truck.

Thanks Joe, we shall see what happens. ;) It is great seeing the Army's trucks getting coverage and letting others to see what 6.4 Fords can do.

I honestly think to much is being put into what the peak number is on all these 6.4 dyno sheets. Where these turbos shine in my opinion is the whole curve. Erics truck makes big power from right off idle to full rpm. It has instant throttle response at all times, and is a blast to drive.
I'll use my own dodge as an example. In this graph my truck peaks 1005hp but does anyone here honestly think my truck will put 1k hp to the ground all the way down the drag strip?
View attachment 3018

I mean I make 1k hp don't I? I guess what im getting at is there is far more to building a high horse power truck than trying to achieve just a big peak number.

You are exactly right Mike. I think the most impressive part of my graphs is the flat curve. You have power on demand all the time, sure makes it a blast to drive. Power under the curve makes these motors shock some people. "Well the max hp number isn't that great", but get them side by side when one makes 700hp from idle to red line and the other is peaky the one with the less power and that flat curve probably wins.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I fly in early afternoon tomorrow. I will be sure to get some pics taken.

Thanks Joe, we shall see what happens. ;) It is great seeing the Army's trucks getting coverage and letting others to see what 6.4 Fords can do

That's what I'm talking about! Your truck reps this site well buddy. Thanks for the loyalty.

Props to Mike H for busting his ass on this thing.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That's what I'm talking about! Your truck reps this site well buddy. Thanks for the loyalty.

Props to Mike H for busting his ass on this thing.

No problem Gare, this is a great place. So much info and the other stuff that makes it fun.

JDub

Reaction score
Glad to see it's back up and running. If you pass through Salt Lake on your way home, swing by the shop, would love to check that thing out.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Glad to see it's back up and running. If you pass through Salt Lake on your way home, swing by the shop, would love to check that thing out.

I will probably pass through Salt Lake either route I take home. I plan on taking off Fri, but things can change. I will let you know if I do. I would love to see the drag truck.

maybe i can get a ride in it.

Mike I can probably take care of, Steve on the other hand..... Not quite local. LOL

Latest posts

Members online