white swallow build

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Yup, but being there are only 2 6.4s in town with singles, Matt doesn't have capabilities to have that much live info. He's close to having it figured out, he just needs sct to get there stuff together. The truck drives very well for having such little tuning. He's going to let us know when sct sends him what he needs

Gearhead

Reaction score
I have the maps now, just a matter of getting some more seat time with your truck. At 2.2ms of pw it wasn't cleaning up the fuel, but you gate was a bit loose. Once you get the 1.9ms cleaned up come see me.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Correct they are 100 over tips. Matt's still trying to figure out the best fueling curves for it. With it at 1.9ms of pw it won't light the turbo past 3 psi until 3rd gear with the way he has the fueling setup. That way I can street this turbo/fuel combo. If I remember correctly the 2.3ms tune had way more throttle response through every gear. When it hits 3rd gear on the 1.9 tune it wants to spool similar to my 66.

I don't think it was getting to 1.9ms when it wasn't lighting the charger. I can give it some more PW down low but I just need to find the right balance of smoke output and getting the charger to spool.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
We're gonna fix the wastegate issue and charge the ac so were not sweating our azzes off like last time. 1.9ms tune is running good, it just needs more fuel in the first couple gears to help it get rolling.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm excited to see it in Texas. Get that $hit dialed boy !!

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Fixed the wastegate leak on the up pipes. Turbo spools much faster now. Crusing egts are around 8-900 and up hills it only hits 1000 degrees. We had a little fun with it on Matt's higher pw tune. Randomly floored it and broke the tires loose over 100ft at 60mph. We were quite suprised to say the least. Couple full throttle runs later and we started noticing converter problems. Dash daq reads over 50rpms of slip in lock up, converters barely hanging on to the power. Once Phil's new convert is in my hands the tranny will be getting a refresh with new clutches and solenoids. I feel as if its not putting the powa down like it wants to.

Many thanks are in order for helping this build come together.

Dustin for swapping my nozzles for me.
Aaron for keeping me updated on parts progress and getting me everything I was looking for.
Mpd for getting me a new set of uppipes.
Master Shane for answering literally every question we've asked him no matter what the time was. Very great full to have such a top notch guy in the 6.4 game.
Ryan for helping me figure out the FASS.
Mikey for getting me some awesome intercooler pipes and the intake he's making.
And mainly Morgan for working with me for so many hours and pulling numerous all nighters. If it wasn't for him this build wouldn't have happened in my shop. That or I would have torched the truck long ago.
I know I'm probably leaving a lot of people out. I'll thank them as I remember lol.
And thanks to everyone for the support and interest.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm glad it's running better now. I never usually watch converter slip because I got too much other stuff going on. 50 rpm slip doesn't seam terrible to me honestly but it is probably starting to give up.

Latest posts

Members online