white swallow build

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Damn that is a lot of pw for that system. I bet 2.0 or so may be better. Don't recall the injector size, thinking they are pretty big.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Correct they are 100 over tips. Matt's still trying to figure out the best fueling curves for it. With it at 1.9ms of pw it won't light the turbo past 3 psi until 3rd gear with the way he has the fueling setup. That way I can street this turbo/fuel combo. If I remember correctly the 2.3ms tune had way more throttle response through every gear. When it hits 3rd gear on the 1.9 tune it wants to spool similar to my 66.

pog

Reaction score
Ya I'm having the same issue in the lower speed range with matts tunes. Obviously he has the pw turned down for smoke control but I think he's gonna send me a tune with a bit of a looser smoke control. I'm guessing your getting the p179A code for the vgt? Unless you left the vgt actuator plugged in.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
You might want to watch running that much timing with the power level you will be at unless you plan on replacing rods
And 2.2-2.3 is where that turbo will come to life but it is a slow spooler for sure

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Correct they are 100 over tips. Matt's still trying to figure out the best fueling curves for it. With it at 1.9ms of pw it won't light the turbo past 3 psi until 3rd gear with the way he has the fueling setup. That way I can street this turbo/fuel combo. If I remember correctly the 2.3ms tune had way more throttle response through every gear. When it hits 3rd gear on the 1.9 tune it wants to spool similar to my 66.

Oh ok, makes sense. just going to take a little of adjusting. You guys need some live tuning if available.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You might want to watch running that much timing with the power level you will be at unless you plan on replacing rods
And 2.2-2.3 is where that turbo will come to life but it is a slow spooler for sure

I didn't see anything mentioned about timing what's too much?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
14* at 2.3ms he should be okay, Matt I think knows what he's doing. Erik the truck was live tuned :thumbsup: Could probably use another session to dial it in exactly. Only problem with making these files streetable is the lack of balls they have until certain throttle position. My 6.0 really suffers big time from this with big nozzles and a single

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Matt knows how to tune a truck Craig, 14* timing and 1.9ms of pw is nothing to worry about. Now if I was pushing my charger to 57psi with a ton of nitrous, then i wouldn't doubt things are going to give.

Back pressure is also around 1.1 to boost. The bottom wastegate flange isn't sealed also, so spool up is being affected. Yes I believe this charger is perfectly streetable with the help of a good tune and a careful foot.

Pog, I have the Vgt light as well. I've learned to ignore engine lights with this truck.

pog

Reaction score
i just want my cruise to work, i cant for the life of me keep at a steady speed on the hwy lol

Super08Duty

Reaction score
My cruise control worked on the 66 with Eric's tunes for a while, then one day it stopped and hasn't worked sense. Eric has an option on the sct for non vvt turbos so you don't get the code and still have cc

pog

Reaction score
ya it works with erics tunes but not with matts. but with matts the truck runs so much better. hes trying to figure out a way to disable the vgt.

Latest posts

Members online