white swallow build

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Is it not accessible cab on ? I can do a cab on pump swap with my set up, did you not do the V-Band up pipes ? Thats sucks, I'm ready to see what she does.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah that's a fix cab on for sure. I fixed mine with the high pressure turbo, hot pipe, and Wastegate still in place.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I was wondering if that washer could be the problem. tweaking the lines to fit might have caused the line to back out of the pump. Having a big fuel leak right when the truck is ready to go is a real ball buster.

I had to find my leak with a snap on inspection camera and turning the key on but not starting the engine and using a blow gun to clean the pump area off. Took awhile to find but I did end up getting it.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Turbo takes up a ton of room, and up pipes sit right over the pump. Doesn't look doable without pulling the cab or pulling the turbo. And with the turbo being as big as it is, pulling it is a chore. We found the leak by having Morgan video the pump with his phone while I cranked the motor. It's getting too much air in the fuel system to turn over. In a matte of seconds it made a 4ft by 2ft puddle on the ground.

MorganY

Reaction score
It's coming from the passenger side HPFP to fuel rail feed fitting on the pump side. The fitting from the fueler kit on the HPFP is spinning, and I can't get a backup wrench in there to hold it or tighten it down because the hpfp cover is in the way. And the pump feed fitting is another clearance issue to get a backup wrench. The 6.4 gods could do it (Shane and dustin lol)...but that tight work doesn't make me feel comfortable about a repair, and I don't want to take the chance of breaking anything, or
Chipping off the pretty paint Colton spent so much time on. Its tedious, but the cab will come up quick before lunch time tomorrow and will be back down in the evening :thumbup:

MorganY

Reaction score
Yup. Cab came up in an hour 15 min. It was the fitting. It backed out just a hair, working on separating the nut from the fitting without having to pull the turbo or manifold again

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Hope you are on the road now and seeing how she runs. It sucks having all those little issues, but nice to have the place to fix it on your own.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
We drove it around 8pm. I'm almost positive it's slipping the torque converter bad. We loaded the x street without the delayed lock on accident. Now we have no fluid leaks but the bottom of my tial is leaking bad. It doesn't want to light the charger the way the tuning is, unless it's in tow haul and your slowly getting into the pedal. With no boost trying to spool it past 5psi is impossible. When it did light we were seeing 50psi of boost with the reg tuned up to high. When it gets on top of the charger it feels like the torque converter is slipping all the power. Rpms hit 4100 max which most
Likely was due to slipping.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
It still doesn't feel like its pulling like it should. Matt live tuned it this morning and got me some different pw tunes with the converter locking at around 60mph. Feels like its in the 700hp area right now. Matt's gonna work on tuning some more and see if he can get some issues worked out. He's got it as clean as my 66 on stock fuel when driving around town. Currently running a 1.9 pw tune at 14 degree timing. Thanks for the support Greg. We will be driving it to Ennis this year for sure

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Did a 45mph pull. Felt like it was on the edge of breaking the tires loose but the tires grabbed hard. First time I've felt impressed after the build. Matt's tune has some serious ballz.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You got it man, sounds like you're happy right now and thats all that matters. Work the kinks out then go from there, sounds strong. Have a stronger file than 1.9ms? Im jealous of 6.4's and their ease of clean tuning with a large charger lol.

Latest posts

Members online