2002 crank no start

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
You need to know if you're making oil pressure before you do a bunch of work that may not matter. If you're sitting pretty at 2500psi dicking with IPR's and sensors is gonna feel pretty dumb.

First, if you crank for say 20 seconds, do you see the lube oil pressure (engine oil pressure) gauge swing up on the dash?

Second if you don't have anybody with a scanner, then a local hydraulic shop can make you up a line with a #5 male ORB fitting on one end and a 5000psi gauge on the other. Pull any of the plugs in the head and test the pressure.

Good point, the needle doesn't swing up on dash but I can't remember if it needed to be running or not but it definitely isn't moving during cranking now. I sent a member a pm to see if they could help me.

I know where a hydraulic shop is so that will be my next course thanks for the help.

Charles

Reaction score
This hybrid instrument cluster pisses me off more and more every day...

I guess the idiot gauges we had before were still too informative, so they took away what little we did have!

I don't even have a volt meter now. Just have to assume it all went to plan...

Are we sure the PCM doesn't talk to the hybrid instrument cluster while cranking?

If so.... :doh:

And my bad.

ToMang07

Reaction score

I guess the idiot gauges we had before were still too informative, so they took away what little we did have!

Are we sure the PCM doesn't talk to the hybrid instrument cluster while cranking?

And my bad.

None of the (non fuel) gauges move until the truck starts. Registers with a scanner, that's about it.

Last edited:

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys and the help guys. I am waiting to hear from a member who is close to me to see if maybe they could swing by and give me a hand. I don't have a lot of confidence and fixing this would go along way in helping me but its beating me down so far.
I would gladly take it to a shop but not working I just don't have extra money to swing it.

I sold my turbo motor out of my Hayabusa to help pay for parts but it's not much. A good mechanic could have it running with no problem I feel sure.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score

And my bad.

it's great you replied trying to help me, it's nice knowing someone is there to help that goes along way man.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Hey guys member imelmo (Danny) passed by today we are gonna try to swap out the pcm. If that doesn't work he offered to tow it to a shop to get it fixed . I will keep everyone posted as to what we find, thanks again Danny for the help. Thanks again to everyone on here who has replied thanks so much.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Glad he was able to help out. If it doesn't get fixed I believe his tow truck is named sherbet, and you would understand why if you saw it.

rsater1

Reaction score
when I needed to get mine scanned.. I had to pull the chip .for his snap on reader to link up ..he tried 2/3 times.. with no avail... pulled hydra and it linked ..no problem

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
when I needed to get mine scanned.. I had to pull the chip .for his snap on reader to link up ..he tried 2/3 times.. with no avail... pulled hydra and it linked ..no problem

Thanks for the heads up man that's the one thing I didn't try was to have it scanned with the chip out. I pulled it to try and start it but that was it. Every one we tried wouldn't link up. The chip is still out I will give it a shot thanks again.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I hate to bring this topic back up but I wanted to let you guys know I had the truck towed to a shop. I'm just waiting to hear back from the mechanic but as soon as I do I will post what he finds. Thanks again to everyone that helped me and I hope to know the issue soon.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Did you try swapping the PCM.

No man I sure didn't I was just so tired of messing with it plus I had family on me about getting in the shop because I surely wasn't getting the job done. It's been broke in my driveway for a while. Money being the main thing but I parted out my motorcycle to help with the cost

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Oh well at least you can give them somewhere to start to save you some time and money on diagnostic costs.

Man you know it lol. I typed up a list of all the things I tried plus a list of what the truck needs to have to even fire lol. He is gonna think I'm nuts I put it in a envolope and laid in the front seat.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Hey guys just picked my truck up from mechanic it's was the ipr . Glad it's running been down for a while got her back home and it's leaking oil bad lol. I can't catch a break I swear, it's leaking a lot I feel sure it's my hpop. It's all over the back side of my truck and passenger side inner fender. Just figured I would let everyone know what the problem was. Thanks again for all the replies.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Ipr might need to be tighter. It is hard to get the valve part tightened for some people without removing the HPOP. I'd bring it back to him and let him check it again. It really is probably as simple as the ipr isn't tightened in enough.