2014 DPC bs thread

Dzchey21

Reaction score
its pretty normal to go run the balls off your truck to make sure everything is set up correctly so you dont have a nitrous backfire or something happen at the track and really ruin your day...

We did that in 2010, i figured out a needed to get different boots and double clamp everything, best thing i ever did was put 3 stages to it on the street LOL

cost brian garey and up-pipe tho, and me about 10 hours of sleep

dsberman94

Reaction score
Ideally he should have put some miles on the truck for a few weeks to break in all the new parts properly without immediately putting them in a competition to see who's got the most power. But, no such thing happened.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
i dont get why everyone is so wound up... not the first person to blow a motor up messing around, certainly wont be the last. I bet it was fun right up to that point LOL

I agree. Don't understand all the stone throwing. Dude paid for a build and it broke. If he is rich which I doubt he is hedoesn't care. If he simply loves diesels and spent his savings than it pretty ****ty deal. Mistakes where made but it's hard with all the bull**** out there.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
here's my take:

this event is gonna put a hurting on everything you have, unless you are testing to make sure a solenoid opens, you arent out on the road testing nitrous, you turn the bottle off and wait for the solenoid to click. for how hard everything is on the truck you pray the events alone dont kill something. i killed mine the day before , and i wasnt spraying it, hell i didnt even know i killed it. when i shut it off it was smooth as a babys butt. next morning, hungover as hell, i got a call from tadd, he, well.. wasnt happy. i had to hug him like 5 times over that one even though it costed me about $20k LOL

Now thats a dpc story! even if you haven't been in it YET!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ideally he should have put some miles on the truck for a few weeks to break in all the new parts properly without immediately putting them in a competition to see who's got the most power. But, no such thing happened.

this is how EVERY dpc goes... ever everyone scrambles till the last possible minute.

johnp115

Reaction score
here's my take:

unless you are testing to make sure a solenoid opens, you arent out on the road testing nitrous, you turn the bottle off and wait for the solenoid to clickL

Yeah honestly Doing full throttle pulls is one thing but "nitrous pulls" Thats right, PLURAL... isn't smart one bit.
:badidea:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah honestly Doing full throttle pulls is one thing but "nitrous pulls" Thats right, PLURAL... isn't smart one bit.
:badidea:

so it blew up on the street.... what do you think would have happened at the track? They hotlap now for the racing

dsberman94

Reaction score
this is how EVERY dpc goes... ever everyone scrambles till the last possible minute.

And instead of voting in the trucks that have a proven setup, the trucks that are going under the knife for the competition get voted in. Hopefully Ryan, beech, and 7.3 dan can pull off a miracle. Those setups seem reliable. Driven for more than only a couple hours.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Now thats a dpc story! even if you haven't been in it YET!

ive been in 1.1 dpc's .. i blew up in the first one, and broke on registration day the 2nd .. but i did stay at a holiday inn once so i know this event well.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
And instead of voting in the trucks that have a proven setup, the trucks that are going under the knife for the competition get voted in. Hopefully Ryan, beech, and 7.3 dan can pull off a miracle. Those setups seem reliable. Driven for more than only a couple hours.

ryan really doesnt have much seat time nor does beech if i recall correctly he just got his motor running less than a month ago. hardly time to consider it proven

dsberman94

Reaction score
ryan really doesnt have much seat time nor does beech if i recall correctly he just got his motor running less than a month ago. hardly time to consider it proven

I wasn't sure how long ago beech got his running. I've seen pics of Ryan's boogying in a desert or something with a cloud of dust behind it. Figured both atleast had some run time on them. At least more time than a fresh build from A couple days ago

Latest posts

Members online