My MPD 66

Super08Duty

Reaction score
No craig i didnt take any pics of it. didnt have a phone or camera ready. The gate was also a pain to get back on. the valve was pushing the valve seat down so i had to have a buddy push down on the gate hard just so i could get the v clamp back on. Doesn't feel any different now that i have it all plumbed up.

Did however go to the track as planned. Best time was 12.68 at 96mph, looks like i let off before the mark. that was running erics X Race and Race Lock tuning.

Ran a 12.78 at 106mph running Matt at Gear heads custom Race tune.

I think the truck has low 12's in it on the stock fuel system. I had a full tool box, full tank and didnt lose the tailgate. The track was also not prepped so i was spinning all 4 tires pretty good. Took some vids of the truck, ill try to post them if my laptop will let me.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
About like Stock turbos, left the line at 5-8psi of boost. tried 10psi and got way too much front end wheel hop. When matt rode with me earlier he said i wasnt maintaining good rail pressure. ill be seeing what its doing tomorrow. I know when it lights up its hitting 45psi and its just barely putting out a haze. I did notice at one point I pegged my 1600 EGT gauge.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Nice runs, egt's are high though which is weird given the size of that turbo. Do you have the stock intercooler still? Airdog plumbed direct might help the rail pressure issue, also some ported rails.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Low rail means low atomization so egts are going to go up with that too.

Is matt ready to.tune some modded trucks yet? Sounds like your making decent power thus far

Sent from my DROIDX

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
When tuning gets figured out, this truck is going to run really good. Running 12.6-12.7 in a truck with no weight stripped, low rail pressure, and bad launches is DAMN good.

Good to hear that boost is better. Tuning is the key now it seems. I see you running 12.0-12.2 no problem in the future.

Gearhead

Reaction score
About like Stock turbos, left the line at 5-8psi of boost. tried 10psi and got way too much front end wheel hop. When matt rode with me earlier he said i wasnt maintaining good rail pressure. ill be seeing what its doing tomorrow. I know when it lights up its hitting 45psi and its just barely putting out a haze. I did notice at one point I pegged my 1600 EGT gauge.

Did you try both tunes i left on your tuner?

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Matt, Yes i ran the bigger race tune also. I think it put down 12.9. I think the shifts might need to be adjusted. felt like it was falling on its face a little.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Matt, Yes i ran the bigger race tune also. I think it put down 12.9. I think the shifts might need to be adjusted. felt like it was falling on its face a little.

It was probably just too much fuel and was dropping pressure even worse i'd bet.

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
ohh ya :doh: do you go to A&M? im going to Texas state and if your ever in this area id love to ride in your truck, i want to see what a single turbo 6.4 drives like!

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
No craig i didnt take any pics of it. didnt have a phone or camera ready. The gate was also a pain to get back on. the valve was pushing the valve seat down so i had to have a buddy push down on the gate hard just so i could get the v clamp back on. Doesn't feel any different now that i have it all plumbed up.

Did however go to the track as planned. Best time was 12.68 at 96mph, looks like i let off before the mark. that was running erics X Race and Race Lock tuning.

Ran a 12.78 at 106mph running Matt at Gear heads custom Race tune.

I think the truck has low 12's in it on the stock fuel system. I had a full tool box, full tank and didnt lose the tailgate. The track was also not prepped so i was spinning all 4 tires pretty good. Took some vids of the truck, ill try to post them if my laptop will let me.

Let me know if you find anything on that gate. I think im having gate problems as well and have the same problem with getting the clamp on mine. I wont have it home for another month yet to tear it out again.

Matt

Reaction score
Pretty cool you have someone close by to work on the tuning. How are you honestly liking it so far?

Latest posts

Members online