My MPD 66

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Do you have atleast an airdog? Have you monitored your rail pressure? Wondering if its dipping down and not spooling it well...

oneturboforme

Reaction score
He has stock fuel. Shouldn't be an issue.

I thought you needed atleast an airdog to run xrace even with stock turbos.... I know the stock pump is regd at 3psig so if the pump doesn't flow enough it would drop fast with that little of pressure behind it right? I'm sure you know more then me tho.. just throwing out ideas

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Not sure Craig. I'll have to find out. They installed everything in the kit and then some.

And I don't think rail pressures an issue right now. I'll have to out my dash daq and see what it's running.

Shipmate

Reaction score
If that seat is not in the wastegate, the wastegate will act like it is dumping exhaust before the turbo all the time. The seat is what seals the valve shuts on when the valve in not being actuated. This will affect spoolup which in return will affect the smokey conditions you are facing.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Taking the gate off today when I get off work. I'll inspect it and see if the seat is on it or not. If it's not in there I guess I'll have to order one.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Taking the gate off today when I get off work. I'll inspect it and see if the seat is on it or not. If it's not in there I guess I'll have to order one.

If its not in there I'm sure they will send you one. It should look like this one below.

44mm%20valve%20seat.jpg

Shipmate

Reaction score
why wouldnt the valve seat be with the WG?

I have seen this before with Tial wastegates and HKS gates. It sucks but it happens. Quality control #12 did not look for it in the box but still pushed it through. I have also seen it with taco shells too. Open up the box and find them all crushed up!

BFT

Reaction score
I have seen this before with Tial wastegates and HKS gates. It sucks but it happens. Quality control #12 did not look for it in the box but still pushed it through. I have also seen it with taco shells too. Open up the box and find them all crushed up!

damn that #12

its a sad day to see crushed taco shells, very sad:(

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Well i took the gate off the truck and tore it down to inspect it. Valve seat is on the gate. But when i was holding the gate in my hand i could hear something rolling around inside it, like bb's almost. I pulled the head apart and found the 4 set screws holding the valve to the diaphragm were just sitting in it... Put the set screws in and reinstalled gate, and put full boost to the top port.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Well i took the gate off the truck and tore it down to inspect it. Valve seat is on the gate. But when i was holding the gate in my hand i could hear something rolling around inside it, like bb's almost. I pulled the head apart and found the 4 set screws holding the valve to the diaphragm were just sitting in it... Put the set screws in and reinstalled gate, and put full boost to the top port.

Did you take pictures by chance? I would like to send them to Bullseye

Looks like we won't use those wastegates again sorry about that

Latest posts

Members online