My MPD 66

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I think your right matt, the truck just doesn't seem to be getting anywhere near enough fuel with the turbo raps up.

Let me know if you find anything on that gate. I think im having gate problems as well and have the same problem with getting the clamp on mine. I wont have it home for another month yet to tear it out again.

What gate is it? Im just hoping i dont have to remove it in the near future lol. Its a real pain to put back on the truck.

Pretty cool you have someone close by to work on the tuning. How are you honestly liking it so far?

The tuning or the Single? Couldnt be happier with both. It is a bit smokey for the street, but you learn to drive it and its not that big of a problem. Matts tunes are the only race tunes i have so far that are streetable. Their cleaner then my x street.

As for the videos, sorry i haven't posted any yet...My Vaio is a POS and wont let me load them to Youtube for some reason. I'll get them posted as soon as i can.

GARRETT@PSM

Reaction score
Well i took the gate off the truck and tore it down to inspect it. Valve seat is on the gate. But when i was holding the gate in my hand i could hear something rolling around inside it, like bb's almost. I pulled the head apart and found the 4 set screws holding the valve to the diaphragm were just sitting in it... Put the set screws in and reinstalled gate, and put full boost to the top port.

Sorry I didnt see this any sooner. Colton, nothing was rolling around in the gate when we installed it. I honestly doubt boost will increase now that you have boost reference hooked up to it. I have a hard time believing that exhaust pressure is pushing through that gate as hard as it was to install. Logging ebp before and after messing with the gate would be a good way to tell.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Sorry I didnt see this any sooner. Colton, nothing was rolling around in the gate when we installed it. I honestly doubt boost will increase now that you have boost reference hooked up to it. I have a hard time believing that exhaust pressure is pushing through that gate as hard as it was to install. Logging ebp before and after messing with the gate would be a good way to tell.

Thats not a bad idea, i could probably take the boost off the gate and run a log then run a different log with it on. I'll have to try it.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Update: Now running Matts Race tune on the street. I like the way it feels and drives better the the innovative tune. Working on getting my new LP pump put together so i can rule out whether or not the stock lift pump is providing enough fuel to the Stock HPFP.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Good to hear it's running better for you. I bet transmission tuning has a lot to do with it. Matt have your lock-up set to come on later?

Super08Duty

Reaction score
X race and X Street. No i havent figured out anything on the Wastegate. My guess is that its so hard to put on because im having to decompress the heavy spring inside the gate, which is pushing the valve seat down, which then keeps me from getting the v clamp on.

Mike, When it lights up you know its not stock. the difference from the x street and from the race tunes is pretty drastic. with the street tune its pretty mean when you get on it, but with the race tunes its even louder and throatier and it doesnt want traction. Im pretty glad with the turbos performance, as well as my track times. Id just like to see how it reacts with a little more fuel being allowed into the hpfp

Super08Duty

Reaction score

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Yes 12.68 is my best so far. No I'm not maintaining good rail pressure. Cant remember exactly what it was but i know its not where it was with the stockers

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Weren't you having issues maintaining rail pressure a year or so ago with bigger tunes? I think I remember you sending me logs and what not because your truck was not pulling well throughout the 1/4. Just curious if you ever got that issue addressed or not.

Latest posts

Members online