Reaction score
43ea9483.jpg

ece6bbcf.jpg

5b4821d9.jpg

b7464af4.jpg

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
We used an engine hoist to pick the motor up and that gave us just enough room to get the pan out. Hardest part was separating it from the block. Multiple stubby flat head screwdrivers used as wedges and then cuting the sealant with a razor knife. Then cleaning the old Silicone off the mounting surface was a pain aswell.

Wow. I saw a shop do something like that once. Ended pretty bad for the customer. Shop fractured the block in 13 different spots. Pan leaked oil like a siv on top of a low pressure oil issue as a result of the cracked block. Ended up having to start the build over from scratch on a fresh block.... Always a good idea to yard the motor out for anything oil pan related

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
How would picking a motor up by the lifting brackets and sliding the pan off frature the block or be prone to leaking if you know what your doing and take your time

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Not being able to get a clean surface would eventually lead to a leaking pan. As well, any ford grey ruminants and or the new sealant could very possibly make their way into the pan bolt holes leading to a hydraulic fracture. It happens when the blocks are upside down on stands, the way it should be done, the chances of it happening when you can't see, on your back, muscling a pan and sealant gun around an axle and crossmember are even greater.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
It wasn't that bad.... And I cleaned that surface 150% there wasnt a spot of anything left. Put the silicone on the pan instead of the block and put it in. It will be fine.. It was really pretty easy after it was up I had plenty of room.

And hydraulic fracturing I mean I understand what it is and why. I've just never seen or herd of it happening..

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
It wasn't that bad.... And I cleaned that surface 150% there wasnt a spot of anything left. Put the silicone on the pan instead of the block and put it in. It will be fine.. It was really pretty easy after it was up I had plenty of room.

Right on. Hopefully none of the silicone was able to make its way onto the end of those bolts. Setup looks good though

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
And hydraulic fracturing I mean I understand what it is and why. I've just never seen or herd of it happening..

It happens all the time on these blocks - but I bet fewer than half the people doing it even knows it was done until it is too late. I've done it to pan bolt hole before myself - it wasn't major damage because of the location - but it was very easy to do. You use to hear about it all the time from guys swapping intakes around on the heads and breaking off bits of head casting into the intake track of the cylinder head - that is a guaranteed bad day.

I bet I could find some pictures if I looked...

farm boy

Reaction score
Is your S483 only hanging by that piece of 1/4" x 2" flat bar? Or is it braced underneath where I cant see?

Awesome Job btw. I'm super jealous!

I read an old thread on PSN about Joey running his turbo drain line to the valve cover. Anybody have any info on this? Seems a little high to me, but it would be alot easier than removing the pan.

Sorry for the derail.

JDub

Reaction score
I read an old thread on PSN about Joey running his turbo drain line to the valve cover. Anybody have any info on this? Seems a little high to me, but it would be alot easier than removing the pan.

Going to depend on where your atmosphere turbo is mounted. Joeys is directly above the valve cover, so it's a straight shot down into it. The way this one is set up, you'd have to run it into the pan. That's alot like how WOP did it...

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
I need to add about an inch lift to the rear when it has sh1t in the back which is 99% of the time she sits ass low a little. 7" block , add a leaf something.

05chevy

Reaction score

I had a buddy that had that happen to him. Little pieces of block threw the motor. Not pretty

Latest posts

Members online