URGENT: Help

G Racing

Reaction score
you really need to get a scanner on your truck that can read icp and ipr duty cycle. other than that you are chasing your tail. If it was running fine before install then you didn't put something back right. your starting issues could be bad battery connections, weak batteries not being able to hold a charge, or a weak starter. do you have a volt meter? check voltage while cranking and see how much of a draw the starter is pulling. like stated above, if you cant get a scanner make a high pressure gauge that will screw in where the icp sensor goes.

2000wa250

Reaction score
you really need to get a scanner on your truck that can read icp and ipr duty cycle. other than that you are chasing your tail. If it was running fine before install then you didn't put something back right. your starting issues could be bad battery connections, weak batteries not being able to hold a charge, or a weak starter. do you have a volt meter? check voltage while cranking and see how much of a draw the starter is pulling. like stated above, if you cant get a scanner make a high pressure gauge that will screw in where the icp sensor goes.

Ive tried 2 different sets of batteries. So I dont believe that is the problem.

How would a starter that was doing fine before, be causing this problem now? How fast does my starter have to turn over for the IDM to fire the injectors?

My gut tells me it has something to do with the starter or fuel, but so far I have no idea how either side would be messed up.

907DAVE

Reaction score
How would a starter that was doing fine before, be causing this problem now? How fast does my starter have to turn over for the IDM to fire the injectors?

IDM will begin to fire injectors once it see's 500ish PSI.

You could always try and disconnect the ICP sensor to see if it starts then.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
:whs: if I would have to do this I would put one of those quick splice connectors you slide over the "thru-wire" and then slide the aux wire in to the stop, then crimp it with pliers, get someone to hold that to ground on the battery while you crank. Once it fires immediately remove the wire or pressure will go insane

2000wa250

Reaction score
ground the yellow wire from the IPR and it will close it?

If I do that and the truck starts, then what do I do, wont ICP run away with an IPR that cant open?

Or are you suggesting this as a way of either ruling out the IPR or answering the question about it

2000wa250

Reaction score
IDM will begin to fire injectors once it see's 500ish PSI.

You could always try and disconnect the ICP sensor to see if it starts then.

Already tried disconnecting the ICP sensor to see if it started....it did not. All that happened was the SES light lol

does that rule out the IPR?

907DAVE

Reaction score
That just means that your issue is most likely not caused my a malfunctioning ICP sensor.

2000wa250

Reaction score
k at least i can check something off the list of things that might be causing this lol

2000wa250

Reaction score
ok.

So just curious, sort of, what would cause the IDM to not fire off the injectors?

Also, with a regulated return type system, what would cause fuel to not be getting to the injectors?

G Racing

Reaction score
bad wiring conection, bent pin in connector, connector not fully seated, especially the uvch connector.

no fuel psi could be bad or weak pump, low voltage to pump, low fuel, bad fuse

2000wa250

Reaction score
bad wiring conection, bent pin in connector, connector not fully seated, especially the uvch connector.

ok, so checking all of the connections again. When we checked before it was more of just making sure they were attached, I'll have to pull them all and take a look at the pins inside the connectors. When I was connecting the injectors up, it seemed like the injector clips should have clicked or something, but they all were able to be locked in.

no fuel psi could be bad or weak pump, low voltage to pump, low fuel, bad fuse

If I am getting 65psi to the gauge mounted on my regulator, then that points to it not being a fuel issue, correct?

Latest posts

Members online