webb06 official build thread

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
did you go gapless upper and lower ring, or just upper??

when i did mine, i was recommended to just do a gapless upper, as i drove mine daily, towed, blah blah.

was told gapless upper and lower was more for a comp build. something about trapping compression between the rings.

webb06

Reaction score
did you go gapless upper and lower ring, or just upper??

when i did mine, i was recommended to just do a gapless upper, as i drove mine daily, towed, blah blah.

gapless upper and lower was more for a comp build. something about trapping compression between the rings.

i havent gone back in to replace the block yet. im not sure which rings they are. I'll have to ask shane or look back at them tomorrow.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
this one here is the first time I've hammered on it since I uploaded the tune earlier today.
you can tell that right when the smoke clears the turbo whoosh's real loud. thats when it finally shifted into whatever gear it is...5?

enjoy the white smoke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJHSyfyDsQw&feature=youtu.be

now we're talking ! yeah 5th gear. its also the biggest RPM drop, but not too worry the atmo is stout as ***.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Those are only 30%? Damn they put out some fuel. My 71 and 60% didn't seem that bad but I don't look much lol. Truck sounds nasty. Hopefully the sealant holds the coolant back so you can enjoy it for a while!!

HD F250

Reaction score
I hope it holds through the weekend for ya! Gotta love the whistle, but you won't be sneaking up on anyone. LOL

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
From what I hear, DD hasn't shown to be an issue at all. When ever I get it back I will be able to share a lot more with it. At over 100 degrees daily here, it would have been nice to have it in some city driving to see how she reacts.

Don't really know if it would do much for the cracking issue. From what I have been told it is most worth while for durability. The parts that wear should last longer and be more durable.

I have driven Erik's at 100 degree weather and it's fine. I have not towed with it but a truck with 150hp nozzles isn't a tow vehicle. For driving in 100 degree temps the filled block is fine.

Wayne

Reaction score
... but a truck with 110 hp nozzles can be a tow vehicle. :D It's just that it's defnitely not ideal. Much over 2/3 throttle, and the pyro gets buried in a hurry. Cruising egt's are very manageable, but a lot of that depends on turbo configuration. Glad the block is holding fine now. If you don't already have a coolant filter, I recommend it as the sealant is not friendly with the oil cooler. This is another reason I plan on testing a remote unit in the near future.

webb06

Reaction score
... but a truck with 110 hp nozzles can be a tow vehicle. :D It's just that it's defnitely not ideal. Much over 2/3 throttle, and the pyro gets buried in a hurry. Cruising egt's are very manageable, but a lot of that depends on turbo configuration. Glad the block is holding fine now. If you don't already have a coolant filter, I recommend it as the sealant is not friendly with the oil cooler. This is another reason I plan on testing a remote unit in the near future.

I have a coolant filter. I didn't use any kind of cooling system sealer. All I did was put silicon on the stud threads where it screws in the block. I didn't want to plug the oil cooler or radiator with the cooling system sealer.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
the last couple times definitely felt better than the first couple, i about crapped my pants the first time...

honestly i cant remember what what mph...maybe 60ish?

it feels really strong to me! i love it!!!!

It is not confident inspiring when that happens. I chit myself a few times when it does that weird stuff.

Latest posts

Members online