2013 Platinum 6.7 Motor Build

dseitler

Reaction score
Why is that?

I don't know I guess from all that I have read and what I see coming the 2015-2016 Tuning looks to be short lived and only done by a few. MCC is alive and well and will be around for a long time even behind the main stream. If you were to find a 2014 which right now there are 105 Platinum for sale on TruckTrader because I look everyday and I will grab a 10,000 mile beauty very soon and put it away for my next build when this one reaches 300K in 2.5 years. I would rather spend the 6K on a Turbo/Fuel setup than a Trans and drive around with a 625 daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ok. Well that makes my life easier.

I found a 13 kr cclb in that ***ked up orange/copper that ive always wanted. I like the platinum but used ones the seats are TRASHED. Wrinkled up leather in low mile vehicles drives me nuts.

The 13 kr is local and has 22k miles on it for 48k. Its black/red interior. Got the nice radio setup like the new ones still have.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I don't know I guess from all that I have read and what I see coming the 2015-2016 Tuning looks to be short lived and only done by a few. MCC is alive and well and will be around for a long time even behind the main stream. If you were to find a 2014 which right now there are 105 Platinum for sale on TruckTrader because I look everyday and I will grab a 10,000 mile beauty very soon and put it away for my next build when this one reaches 300K in 2.5 years. I would rather spend the 6K on a Turbo/Fuel setup than a Trans and drive around with a 625 daily driver.

They also said the 6.4 was a dead platform to tune on because of the complexity of the code and the fact that it was only going to be a 4yr run. Look at it now.

Personally I'd rather spend money on a built trans then a turbo and fuel system all for the sake of one year. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:

dseitler

Reaction score
They also said the 6.4 was a dead platform to tune on because of the complexity of the code and the fact that it was only going to be a 4yr run. Look at it now.

Personally I'd rather spend money on a built trans then a turbo and fuel system all for the sake of one year. Just my opinion though.

6.4 can be done with MCC also like the 6.7 up to 14 and that's my point. It will be around for a long time. We can download the program and Tune our own if we want to.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
6.4 can be done with MCC also like the 6.7 up to 14 and that's my point. It will be around for a long time. We can download the program and Tune our own if we want to.

And that's my point. In 08 people were told not to expect much with the 6.4 because of the encryption. But once that was cracked the flood gates opened. Then we got mcc. Code smiths have had 5 years to play with the 1st gen 6.7. And only 1 with the second. If the market is there we will get it. And it's there.

dseitler

Reaction score
And that's my point. In 08 people were told not to expect much with the 6.4 because of the encryption. But once that was cracked the flood gates opened. Then we got mcc. Code smiths have had 5 years to play with the 1st gen 6.7. And only 1 with the second. If the market is there we will get it. And it's there.

I get where your going with this and I have always been exactly with you on this. I just never seen the shops and individuals being gone after before by big brother.

Notneb

Reaction score
Right? Insane, yet for every one modded diesel, there's 20 rice rockets with zero emissions cruising around being more annoying and putting way more CO2 emissions in the air... Our gov is f*cking retarded...

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I get where your going with this and I have always been exactly with you on this. I just never seen the shops and individuals being gone after before by big brother.

This. It's going to be difficult to find good tuning if the gov't just shuts down the tuning platforms.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I'm keeping my 15 but I will be picking up a new truck for the gf every couple years and I'll probably try to put a nice 13 or 14 platinum 250 in the mix. Maybe just a 12 kr. But it will happen.

TexasPowerstroke

Reaction score
I hope that technology will advance with the DEF system where there would not be a need for the egr or *** systems. I can live with def. Tunning would not matter at that point!

Jomax

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LgnvnOBUKs

Having a little fun with the new race trailer. 28Ft 8K axles loaded with a 2012 F250 Ext Cab Short box truck with 354K. 6.7 motor that runs but not by much. Oil Field TK.
Got to love the MPD build with the 369sxe. Towing in 708HP Tune Dyno Checked. Still running stock Trans.

How come the 369 turbos push 700hp on a 6.7. But on a 7.3 it's a 400 hp turbo?

swinky

Reaction score
That's a 700hp turbo on a 6.0..... where the 6.7 gains everything is spool.

***kin 6.7 comes onto boost with a 475 like a 6leaker does a 366.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.