6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my money. Not bashing bts. The 6r IMO will be tenfold better than anything else I'm the near future. Can't imagine putting a physically weaker trans in this truck.

Nobody trusts the 6r... it drives me crazy how people are always bringing up swapping to older technology.. My stock Trans is still holding after 5 months at my power level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Dan

Reaction score
Nobody trusts the 6r... it drives me crazy how people are always bringing up swapping to older technology.. My stock Trans is still holding after 5 months at my power level.

You have quite inpressive power levels there mr forever boosted 1. Good work.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

But you haven't pushed that trans so until then we don't know. As well your truck is lighter than most , just things to think about.

As for the 4R100 comment , that's the dumbest idea I've heard all day. That thing would eat input shafts like candy.

Dan

Reaction score
But you haven't pushed that trans so until then we don't know. As well your truck is lighter than most , just things to think about.

As for the 4R100 comment , that's the dumbest idea I've heard all day. That thing would eat input shafts like candy.

Honestly not worried about the trans one bit! That trans tadd built held just fine!

That "converter slip" on the dyno was the truck trying to shift mixed in with some disabled abs issues we later discovered... Anyways, hooked up the ids and did some data logging after the dyno to find that the converter is holding perfectly fine

Another thing... I run my stuff hard, so if it survives I must be good! #12"curbs hahahahhahahahahahahhaa (there might be some truth to that)

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
You have quite inpressive power levels there mr forever boosted 1. Good work.

No need to talk to me like we are strangers there Lt. DAN. haha but thanks buddy myself along with my two man team couldn't be happier with how it performed. Best of luck to you man and get that thing running again soon!

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score

If a 4r100 can hold up behind a 1700 hp triple turboed duramax drag truck and King Kong I think it would do ok behind Dans truck.....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If a 4r100 can hold up behind a 1700 hp triple turboed duramax drag truck and King Kong I think it would do ok behind Dans truck.....

Never heard of the DMax , and it did not live behind King Kong. That's why it was ditched a year ago

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Dan when it is all said and done is this truck still going to be your DD?

Reaction score
Yeah the 4r never has lasted long in any big hp situation. They just shift better. I stress this, once again, the 4r100 has no parts inside it that are any stronger than a 5r. The hard parts are not physically any better. It's just easier to control and shift fast.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Yeah, light trucks that benefit from the quick shifting.

Dans truck is probably close to 9k on huge tires, a 4r doesn't stand a chance

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Weight has a lot to do with a 4r living. 4r's shafts are smaller than 5rs and 6r's. I wouldn't doubt the 6r140s capabilities yet sense nobody has done abusive testing on them with good clutches or aftermarket converters. Why go to a smaller trans in a heavy truck with a lot of rotational mass.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
the only thing that brings the 6r down at this point is probably the tcm, there are so many things that have to be checked and gone thru just to make a shift, they build so many things into the tcm strategy to keep it alive for 300k

I think that if a guy could make it a 4 speed at the track, 6 speed on the street that would be awesome. I think it would take a PCS to make that happen

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
so you're saying the 6.4 is the ultimate platform to date? :D

(about to buy a 6.7! LOL)

If you plan on running just a tune... a 6.4.. if you are going further than that I think the 6.7 is the best platform.. just my opinion though!

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I've got three 6.4's. About to buy my first 6.7. I think they're a better all-around truck than the 6.4. I'm just addicted to power, so the 6.4 has a huge draw for me :(

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've got three 6.4's. About to buy my first 6.7. I think they're a better all-around truck than the 6.4. I'm just addicted to power, so the 6.4 has a huge draw for me :(

just get dual pumps and a turbo done deal. make more power than a tune only 6.4 and a WAY nicer truck.

Latest posts

Members online