6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Dan

Reaction score
I anticipated issues with the 6r but found out that holy crap those are stout. All for now!

Hey so, yeah I guess we'll see what it can do once we get back together... I'm sure there will be other builds pop up before then that'll find the outcome!

swinky

Reaction score
Kalebs truck is stout but when you're 2wd and spin everywhere it's really not straining the trans that hard. How many of you guys have actually killed a stage 5 elite trans?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
6.4 with an atmo still walks it... Lol

yeah for sure, not to mention the 6 speed issues, but there may be a drastic change in 6.7 trans tuning soon, that will help alot. the biggest difference i see is , with a 6.4 no matter what you're still driving a 10 or earlier. oh my, how things have changed in 5 years. 6.7 at 600 is still slower thru the traps than a tuned 6.4 , but IMO the 6.7 has more power between the gears than a tune only and much cleaner and much more responsive. pretty sure from a dig my truck will wax a tuned 6.4, but in a 1/4 mile i would lose .

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Why not a swap? If you're building a 6.7 money obviously isn't too much of an issue. Swapping a 4r was brought up as well.

why would anyone want an old piece of crap trans for a dd ? my step would be a pcs that i could engage at the track , running 1-2-4-6 ..... locking that thing up WAY early.

swinky

Reaction score
why would anyone want an old piece of crap trans for a dd ? my step would be a pcs that i could engage at the track , running 1-2-4-6 ..... locking that thing up WAY early.

Seems proven if nobody has killed one. Are you saying pcs on a beefed up 6r?

Dan

Reaction score

1st 4:1 is a low gear... I was testing launching in 2nd and had better luck with that with my 4.30s and 38s... 2nd 4th 6th. Boom done!

jdgleason

Reaction score
yeah for sure, not to mention the 6 speed issues, but there may be a drastic change in 6.7 trans tuning soon, that will help alot. the biggest difference i see is , with a 6.4 no matter what you're still driving a 10 or earlier. oh my, how things have changed in 5 years. 6.7 at 600 is still slower thru the traps than a tuned 6.4 , but IMO the 6.7 has more power between the gears than a tune only and much cleaner and much more responsive. pretty sure from a dig my truck will wax a tuned 6.4, but in a 1/4 mile i would lose .

More power through the gears is probably from shorter gears in the 6r... I agree with you

Dan

Reaction score
Seems proven if nobody has killed one. Are you saying pcs on a beefed up 6r?

I think the boys are saying that elite can build a damn good trans. And swapping out the 6r isn't going to be nessicary at all.

From my small experience he's already got that trans damn figured out!

Dan

Reaction score
The 5r is a great trans, but fundamentally the shift pattern sucks. The 6r given a little time will blow the others out of the water.

***like***

Does anyone have a billet converter cover yet? The converter is a totally different that a conventional converter... Give it time! It's already a good thing

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
1st 4:1 is a low gear... I was testing launching in 2nd and had better luck with that with my 4.30s and 38s... 2nd 4th 6th. Boom done!

it depends on where 2nd gear launch puts your 60ft . either way those are all things that can be easily figured out. just have to be able to control it with a pcs. but shifting 6 times down the track with converter unlock most of the time is proving slow. i blame bentley.

Latest posts

Members online