6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It's obvious too, when you drive the two back to back. The 5r in the 6.4 downshifting and part throttle manners are worlds better. Only time I feel like my 5r in my 6.0 knows what to do is from a dig full throttle.

whose tuning your truck?

swinky

Reaction score
It's obvious too, when you drive the two back to back. The 5r in the 6.4 downshifting and part throttle manners are worlds better. Only time I feel like my 5r in my 6.0 knows what to do is from a dig full throttle.

Exactly! From a 50-70 roll this thing has never been right. Fine from a dig.

You don't have a Tcm.

Gayy. I thought a used 6.4 trans would hold in my torqueless 6.0 for sure.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Jesse_01

Reaction score
I am finding I am driving in tow haul all the time to keep the rpms up. I am only running 325/65r18. The 37" + guys must really noticing it. On the highway I have no need for the 6th gear.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Dan

Reaction score
Old engine spun mains, new shortblock is being built by tadd should be ready in about 5 more weeks, I'm super anxious to get er back together!! Then when tadd has girdle and billet main caps, I'll be looking to go that route!

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Spun the mains? That's really odd seeing as many others have not had this problem? Maybe you should look into a oil cooler delete this time to keep those temps down seeing as if the block was filled it most likely blocked the coolant supply to the oil cooler and was only getting coolant pressure and no flow to it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Dan

Reaction score
Sign me up Craig! Haha

Oil temps were hot, and likely a contributing factor...

I'll pm you regarding that block off plate you have available!

bricewise

Reaction score
Glad your pushing the boundaries for everyone else. It makes our lives cheaper and easier. However I'd be curious what made you land on needing a girdle?

Dan

Reaction score
Glad your pushing the boundaries for everyone else. It makes our lives cheaper and easier. However I'd be curious what made you land on needing a girdle?

There's other guys out there pushing the limits as well and having very good luck!!!
Crank flex, block flex... Tie up the loose ends with a girdle... Rigidity is fairly key... And yeah I know, cross drilled 6 bolt mains with that graphite iron block should help things, but put me behind the wheel 6th gear on spray with overly hot oil... It's a party for everyone!

Like I say you can't build a skyscraper on a cinder block!

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
There's other guys out there pushing the limits as well and having very good luck!!!
Crank flex, block flex... Tie up the loose ends with a girdle... Rigidity is fairly key... And yeah I know, cross drilled 6 bolt mains with that graphite iron block should help things, but put me behind the wheel 6th gear on spray with overly hot oil... It's a party for everyone!

Like I say you can't build a skyscraper on a cinder block!

Are you sticking with your turbo setup? making any changes to the performance parts at all?

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Spun the mains? That's really odd seeing as many others have not had this problem? Maybe you should look into a oil cooler delete this time to keep those temps down seeing as if the block was filled it most likely blocked the coolant supply to the oil cooler and was only getting coolant pressure and no flow to it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

When I fill a 6.7 block I don't restrict the water to the oil cooler. Especially when I know they will be running a factory oil cooler. That would just be foolish!

The oil temps may have been high, and yes I do agree that the oem oil cooler is lacking, but the main bearing furthest from the oil supply showed no signs of lack of lubrication.

I also confirmed the failure with two race shops and the consensus was crank flex.

Latest posts

Members online