Time for more air... 71mm vgt & 86mm S510

OOWeaver68

Reaction score
Sweet, I think as long as you can put the inner fender back in, even if you have to trim it, nobody will ever know the difference. Hell, even if you left it out, nobody that sat low enough to see, wouldn't know what going on. Sweet build buddy, cant wait till its done.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
yes and i think its going to fit with minimal trimming, im hoping to only have to trim for the down pipe and leave the rest, im actually going to try and mold the fender to fit with the down pipe if possible... wanna be sneaky pete if i can

Ahhhaa very sneaky. R u going to warm it up and form it to the downpipe?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
me either, i was going to work on it tonight but something came up

Insurance totaled my **** box car, so i gotta find a new ride, the wife really wants me to get the truck done, so i think im going to be able to free up some more free time in the next two weeks to work on it.

Still wating on the cast outlet for the small turbo to make a hot pipe and bunch of other loose ends, gunna take awhile yet but i want to get it done so bad

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ahhhaa very sneaky. R u going to warm it up and form it to the downpipe?

Thats the plan, i have a big diesel heater that makes it flexable in about 1 minute, so im hoping to mold and trim so the down pipe can stay covered up

AND since it WILL be wraped it shouldnt melt it LOL

jdgleason

Reaction score
me either, i was going to work on it tonight but something came up

Insurance totaled my **** box car, so i gotta find a new ride, the wife really wants me to get the truck done, so i think im going to be able to free up some more free time in the next two weeks to work on it.

Still wating on the cast outlet for the small turbo to make a hot pipe and bunch of other loose ends, gunna take awhile yet but i want to get it done so bad

Wtf happened to your car? If you need any help let me know Id be more than happy to cruise up.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Wtf happened to your car? If you need any help let me know Id be more than happy to cruise up.

hail damage...

The insurance is ***ed up, if i keep it they give me 2800, if i let insurance take it... 6000... i got no attatchment to it, and i dont have that much money in it, so im going to let insurance take it back, but i gotta find something else to drive... been on craigslist all night, i might have you scope a car or two out for me in Foco, ill let you know

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Thats the plan, i have a big diesel heater that makes it flexable in about 1 minute, so im hoping to mold and trim so the down pipe can stay covered up

AND since it WILL be wraped it shouldnt melt it LOL

Sweet. Hopefully it doesnt melt it, cause those big ***ers get hot LOL If u werent so far from some of us im pretty sure we would be there helping u man. I no I would be. I hope it will all go together without any problems.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
im probably going to take the front tire off and aim the heater where i need it and just push untill it starts to take shape, i think im going to have to make some body mounts for the fender since there isnt much holding it in anymore with the fender brace in

CAT35niner

Reaction score
It should work out fine espcially when u add the mounts. Nobody will ever know.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
that works but it takes too long to do, im not patient LOL

i have used that before on my 03 when i was leveled and 35s, i didnt have to move it very far, this... is going to take some motivation LOL

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Patience my friend patiance........................ Put a Blow torch to that thang and get it bent!!!! LOL

Looking good.

Charles

Reaction score
Some people say the ceramic coating peels off over time and now your saying wrapping isnt good. So do you suggest just leaving them bare?

Yep. Coat the insides only. Use 304 or similar stainless material for a lasting surface finish on the exterior.

The internal coating will control the heat, and shield the part itself from that heat, and the raw exterior surface can freely radiate any heat that does enter the part (which will be minimal). The part will last for-***ing-ever and the heat will be controlled just the same. Plus it won't look like the master tech at pep-boys got ahold of your truck.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
How come no one does it that way, or at least I haven't seen it? All my piping were Jet Hot ceramic coated, never was told about doing only the insides and not the outer.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
that works but it takes too long to do, im not patient LOL

i have used that before on my 03 when i was leveled and 35s, i didnt have to move it very far, this... is going to take some motivation LOL

Ha I hear ya, just thought it might be easier to get a perfect shape being your doing it in smaller sections rather than a large section at once.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
im sure ill end up using a heat gun for the final molding.

So i have been thinking long and hard about deleting the fuel cooler, i think it would give me a lot more room for piping and clean the underhood up, i dont really see heat being an issue since its on the return side anyway. Im thinking about relocating or deleting all together... thoughts?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Do other manufacturers use fuel coolers too? It is probably only needed when towing hard and temp under hood get hot?

OOWeaver68

Reaction score
I don't know how hot it gets up there or how much the fuel is heated, but I know mine will get pretty warm during the summer. I want to say 120* cruising is the most I've seen. Then I've seen 150* after running, then sitting for a few minutes. But it cools off pretty quick when started again.

You can do what Ryan (I think that's his name) did and put a cooler under the truck.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i dont know about dodges, but i know that duramax's use a cooler on the frame under the truck that looks like a little mini radiator. Most high HP duramax's deleted them anyway, i would suspect that i would only have issues if i towed heavy for long distances.

I dont know when the fuel cooler pump turns on, i cant find a temperature setting for the switch or anything.

I wonder if stock reads return or supply fuel. I know that colder fuel does run better, but from what i remember in some training glasses i have done that anything under 250 degrees fuel temp is fine, over that is where power starts to drop.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.