Towing

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Just FYI when you get home. Jack the trailer up and check the bearings. It is not uncommon for a trailer to have them loose even after someone "checks them".
I carry a temp guns with me and shoot the hubs and tires when I stop. If one is hotter than the rest time to see why.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Just FYI when you get home. Jack the trailer up and check the bearings. It is not uncommon for a trailer to have them loose even after someone "checks them".
I carry a temp guns with me and shoot the hubs and tires when I stop. If one is hotter than the rest time to see why.

I had a trailer five years ago that i picked up.at the dealer and it was brand new, supposedly inspected by the dealer and i got halfway home and it seemed like it was bouncing a bit. I pulled over and there was melted grease all over the wheel. Stacked 3 2xs up staggeredn like a ramp, drove it up. Went jiggle that tire and the tire was so hot it was burning my hand. I called them and they told me to just keep going. LOL...they came out the following day with a whole new axle. It wasnt a big trailer but i couldnt believe they didnt give a darn.

TyCorr

Reaction score
WTF is cheeseball used in this context??? I've called someone a cheesed!ck and cheeseball before but to lift a trailer cheeseball?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cheeseball

Billy T.
[email protected]

Im not sure what urban dictionary says and the phrase has been around much longer . If something is cheesy its considered to be inadequate or corrupt in design. In this aspect anyway. If something is cheeseball or riceball its inadequate for more than one reason. It was easier to say cheeseball than type all this bs so i think from here out Ill yse cheeseball as fit and refrsin from explaining this again. :D

89 Stroker

Reaction score
got the beast home, truck towed it amazing! just need some rear bags and it will be great.

image3.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
Holy ***kin balls....that so long it doesnt even look right.

Did you weight it while it was on there?

Notneb

Reaction score
I can only begin to guess what the pin weight would be on that monster with the front loaded up, lol, good luck...

WHY NOT

Reaction score
His sand toys I bet are pretty light though, pin weight doesn't look to bad right now, stock my truck would squat with pretty much anything hooked to it, and his being lower and 2wd I think just makes it look worse since its closer to the ground but doest seem to be really squatting that much, some bags and he is good to go

89 Stroker

Reaction score
Kinda shocked you didn't get a 4x4 lol. Truck looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually got this truck from a family member with money, who was buying a gas truck and didn't want it anymore so he gave it to me, the downside of it is no 4x4 and no power locks or Windows or anything.

JRLott

Reaction score
I could deal with roll your own winders, non power locks, SRW, and 2WD with no problems in that case. I have a feeling you don't get much in the way of ice and snow, so 2 WD will be fine unless you get stupid. If you do decide to get stupid you'll be stuck before you get too far from help. Lol.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Yeah, the F150 thing I personally don't like...its just me as, yes, I still view them as "half tons". Yes, they are just as or more capable than the 3/4 & 1 tons of yesteryear.

We weren't talking about what I'd do, but since you brought it up, I'd buy the trailer of choice, hook it up to my woefully inadequate SRW pickup, load it with the toys, and head to the desert whenever it struck my fancy and never think twice about it. If I had a 20k trailer I pulled a few hundred miles once a year, I'd hook that b@stard up to my F250 and go. If I hauled it regularly, I'd probably step up to DRW.

If his desert toys are as light as he says, which I have zero reason not to believe, he'll be fine. Biggest thing I see, as dirt said, is turning that long rascal. That's gonna be an experience. I also have no idea how picky the dot are in CA when it comes to recreational use. If they're d!cks, a DRW might be cheaper.

I vehemently despise bumper pull anything. I hate the way they tow, and can only imagine how horrid it is to pull a 12k TT. Hope I never have to experience it.

It's not all that bad now I've got my hitch adjusted out. I was using 2 friction control bars but I ruined my older one so I'm just using one right now. I towed this weekend from Half Moon Bay to San Louis Obisbo this past weekend on the scenic hwy 1 in Cali. You just have to be up not he wheel more than with a DRW. But like I said it'll be the last pull behind I'll own and I'm planning on getting an 11-16 f450 for my pulling in the future. Still keeping my 01 though for dd and lighter towing.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I actually got this truck from a family member with money, who was buying a gas truck and didn't want it anymore so he gave it to me, the downside of it is no 4x4 and no power locks or Windows or anything.

I had a gas 04 f350 rclb auto 4x4. Xl with the chrome package and fx4 package. Manual windows and locks lol. I loved that POS with every fiber of my being. It was one of my favorite trucks.

JRLott

Reaction score
It's not all that bad now I've got my hitch adjusted out. I was using 2 friction control bars but I ruined my older one so I'm just using one right now. I towed this weekend from Half Moon Bay to San Louis Obisbo this past weekend on the scenic hwy 1 in Cali. You just have to be up not he wheel more than with a DRW. But like I said it'll be the last pull behind I'll own and I'm planning on getting an 11-16 f450 for my pulling in the future. Still keeping my 01 though for dd and lighter towing.

Yeah, I hear they aren't bad once you get all that crap adjusted right. I just like hooking them up in the bed. Make sure they're secure and go. No crap to adjust. Lol.

89 Stroker

Reaction score
is there any major differences between a 15 F250 and a 16 F350?

long story short the same family member that gave me this truck bought a 16 F350 2 weeks ago, and the other day went down a bought a new manual cummins. So i am giving him back the 15 F250 he gave me in exchange for the 16 F350.

It is a SRW but i am gonna swap the hitch and bags i just got onto it for hauling the beast.

any major differences?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Look at the rear springs. I bet your 250 has the main ones with no upper overload and the 350 has the upper overload unless your 250 has a camper package or something.
I need to be adopted if you have room in your family.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
The 350s also usually have a taller block. On the door they usually have a higher gvwr on the sticker. Gear ratio could be anything.

Latest posts

Members online