2002 crank no start

rusty1161

Reaction score
Have you checked your IPR harness? Mine looked like this and caused a no start.
image.jpg1_zps2bpxu52u.jpg

I replaced it and all was good.

Rusty

You can see the bare copper at the connector.

Rusty

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I don't see bare wires but it's full of oil. Now the piece it's connected to seems loose. I can wiggle it back and forth I thought the sensor it self was loose but just the wire connector.

Attachments

• 20160204_074950.jpg
    20160204_074950.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 52

rusty1161

Reaction score
Replace it and make sure the tin nut in the IPR is snug. That tin nut can also be replaced with a 1/2-20 jam nut, loctite it in place.

Rusty

ghohouston

Reaction score
I don't see bare wires but it's full of oil. Now the piece it's connected to seems loose. I can wiggle it back and forth I thought the sensor it self was loose but just the wire connector.

The plastic connector on the ipr will move a little bit, does not mean it's bad.

rusty1161

Reaction score
OK what about replacing the sensor also? The nut Is tight on there.

The IPR may be part of or your whole problem. At the age and mileage of these trucks, it will only hurt your pocketbook earlier than later to replace it, IMO. I'd switch to the 1/2-20 nut at the same time and eliminate that tin nut.

Rusty

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
The IPR may be part of or your whole problem. At the age and mileage of these trucks, it will only hurt your pocketbook earlier than later to replace it, IMO. I'd switch to the 1/2-20 nut at the same time and eliminate that tin nut.

Rusty

I am searching on the board to see if we have a vendor that sells them.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Sunrise ford or riffraff diesel will have the best prices. But it's still not a cheap part. Not something you just want to throw at it and hope it works.

Last edited:

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Sunrise ford or riffraff diesel will have the best prices. But it's still not a cheap part. Not something you just want to throw at it and hope it works.

You aren't kidding man, just at the limit of what I can do. That's it not knowing what codes I am just running blind. Tried calling a shop and seeing about having it towed, if it's cost to much not sure what I will do with it.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I just had to replace mine. I borrowed one that I knew was good and swapped it into my motor and it fired up. That's how I knew. If you've got oil in your icp sensor you'll need a new one of those as well.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I just had to replace mine. I borrowed one that I knew was good and swapped it into my motor and it fired up. That's how I knew. If you've got oil in your icp sensor you'll need a new one of those as well.

Yes when I unplugged the icp sensor the connector was full of oil.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yep. You'll need a new or known good one also. And clean the wire connector with some sort of a contact cleaner to get the oil off.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Yep. You'll need a new or known good one also. And clean the wire connector with some sort of a contact cleaner to get the oil off.

I will get some cleaner because it has oil all over it. I have tried to get in touch with a mechanic but it being mardi gras everything is closed. Glad that crap is over I live 30-35 miles north or New Orleans and that nonsense shuts everything down.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I messaged you back. We have quite a few members down that way, post on here your location and see if anyone would be willing to volunteer some time or spare parts and help you out with a scanner or anything that's reads through the OBD port.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I messaged you back. We have quite a few members down that way, post on here your location and see if anyone would be willing to volunteer some time or spare parts and help you out with a scanner or anything that's reads through the OBD port.

I replied thanks for the help, I live in slidell Louisiana about 30 miles north of New Orleans .

Charles

Reaction score
You need to know if you're making oil pressure before you do a bunch of work that may not matter. If you're sitting pretty at 2500psi dicking with IPR's and sensors is gonna feel pretty dumb.

First, if you crank for say 20 seconds, do you see the lube oil pressure (engine oil pressure) gauge swing up on the dash?

Second if you don't have anybody with a scanner, then a local hydraulic shop can make you up a line with a #5 male ORB fitting on one end and a 5000psi gauge on the other. Pull any of the plugs in the head and test the pressure.

Members online

No members online now.