1st pull with 6870 Precision

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
My tone was with Pete who doesn't understand what I'm trying to say.

My point was trying to help people understand why their trucks still experience wheel hop.

The tone was to educate and get people to understand. instead of the blasting statement of "this product doesn't work"

The reason the 4 link can stop wheel hop a little better is because it doesn't allow the axle to fully articulate, and creates a binding situation. So I don't consider it really that they handle pulling better, they just screw the geometry up so bad they cant really move how they are designed to, castor is affected, they body roll, and they cause extreme stress to the bushings in the axle. They also can cause excess stress to the steering box.

I feel that everyone deserves to be completely educated on all aspects of a situation. Why something works, why something doesn't work

I got a little hot because the brash statement of "this just work" when there's other variables to the equation.

All it would have taken was an acknowledgement of poor tire choice for application and I would have let it go.

But you both should realize that people look to this site for KNOWLEDGE, and so many kids and younger folks are so heavily influenced by what the guys who make decent power, you and Pete included are doing.

So if two guys running Toyo MT's sled pull and dirt race their trucks for fun, and these individuals dont understand ideal tire choice/set up (theoretically) with 700HP 6.7's, and say my product doesn't do anything for the front end hop and control, that could potentially cost me serious sale loss, for nothing more than a short of information

My tires suck... happy?

50_shooter

Reaction score
I see your point, but it came off a little condescending. 99% of the people that pull pickups are probably "sideliners". Last I checked this was an open forum. I was not intentionally running anything down, I don't think Pete was either. The whole thing came across to me a little disrespectful and demeaning. Maybe I took it wrong.

50_shooter

Reaction score
Anyway, I was really impressed with Morgan's transmission on that last pull. I was pretty nervous to try 4low, but I did it and it held it. I think it gave me 4 mph more than 4hi 1st gear. That is huge. Hopefully it will continue to hold it, because I have 3 more pulls in the next 2 weeks I'd like to make. I think I'm gonna have to break down and get a low pressure fuel pump though. I get a hell of a whine after a pull like that.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
My tires suck... happy?

Again, wasn't saying your tires suck. I was just pointing out it wasn't an ideal set up to control wheel hop.

I see your point, but it came off a little condescending. 99% of the people that pull pickups are probably "sideliners". Last I checked this was an open forum. I was not intentionally running anything down, I don't think Pete was either. The whole thing came across to me a little disrespectful and demeaning. Maybe I took it wrong.

It wasn't meant to be demeaning or anything. I just have to make sure that the open people who read things understand why these two trucks may be having issues with wheel hop.

Anyway, I was really impressed with Morgan's transmission on that last pull. I was pretty nervous to try 4low, but I did it and it held it. I think it gave me 4 mph more than 4hi 1st gear. That is huge. Hopefully it will continue to hold it, because I have 3 more pulls in the next 2 weeks I'd like to make. I think I'm gonna have to break down and get a low pressure fuel pump though. I get a hell of a whine after a pull like that.

Are you running the truck with a lower tank of fuel? My trucks with factory low pressure pumps always seem to whine below a 1/4 a tank. If you need one we keep plenty handy here.

50_shooter

Reaction score
Are you running the truck with a lower tank of fuel? My trucks with factory low pressure pumps always seem to whine below a 1/4 a tank. If you need one we keep plenty handy here.

Yes,. Trying to get as light as I can. It only does it when I make a pull on the big setting. The noise seems to be coming from the fuel filter under the hood, and does it with a new filter. It will quit after sitting overnight. It doesn't do it on the street if I punch it, just when hooked to the sled. Makes me think the cp3 is pulling more fuel than the lp pump wants to put out when under a huge load, but I don't know. Weird.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Yes,. Trying to get as light as I can. It only does it when I make a pull on the big setting. The noise seems to be coming from the fuel filter under the hood, and does it with a new filter. It will quit after sitting overnight. It doesn't do it on the street if I punch it, just when hooked to the sled. Makes me think the cp3 is pulling more fuel than the lp pump wants to put out when under a huge load, but I don't know. Weird.

Given what you do with your truck have you ever thought about just piggybacking a small fass for a 6.7L cummins or duramax to supply your CP3 alone?

Thats what I had planned for mine.

Also, you need to shoot morgan an email when you have a chance, we did a lot of testing on my 2015 and got some of the LMM pump quirks figured out in tuning!

50_shooter

Reaction score
Given what you do with your truck have you ever thought about just piggybacking a small fass for a 6.7L cummins or duramax to supply your CP3 alone?

Thats what I had planned for mine.

Also, you need to shoot morgan an email when you have a chance, we did a lot of testing on my 2015 and got some of the LMM pump quirks figured out in tuning!

No I hadn't, I figured I would end up going the h&s route since everyone seems to like it.

I will get ahold of him. The only real issue I'm having is a 262a code everyday, and an occasional manifold pressure code. It runs good all the time though. Still love the turbo too. It's the perfect setup for me. Can still work but really likes to play...

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
No I hadn't, I figured I would end up going the h&s route since everyone seems to like it.

I will get ahold of him. The only real issue I'm having is a 262a code everyday, and an occasional manifold pressure code. It runs good all the time though. Still love the turbo too. It's the perfect setup for me. Can still work but really likes to play...

I get that one anytime after I go wide open too. I was told to just clear it and not worry about it.

03cody

Reaction score

Where else are you pullin? I saw it run at charleston and thought it looked really strong for a stock appearing 6.7....guess I know why now haha.

50_shooter

Reaction score
Teutopolis on Saturday. It is strong for a daily driven, trailer pulling truck. The guy that beat me at Charleston does not daily drive that truck. It came in on a trailer. I think with using 4th gear I can close the gap on him somewhat with the speed I gained. Don't think I can beat him, but I'd sure like to, then drive off as he loads his up! May get the chance to try again if he pulls at Greenup again this year. He's beat me twice with that damn Dodge.

08Monster

Reaction score
Coming to you guys for some advice, pulling my 6.7 for the first time tomorrow and need to know what I should do. Tuned, dereted, intake and that's about it. 2014 F350. First off, my tunes shift up on there own, even in manual mode, so is 4 low, 3rd gear a good option or not? They seem to not shift out of 1st in 4 high.

Strap the front down tight or not?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Coming to you guys for some advice, pulling my 6.7 for the first time tomorrow and need to know what I should do. Tuned, dereted, intake and that's about it. 2014 F350. First off, my tunes shift up on there own, even in manual mode, so is 4 low, 3rd gear a good option or not? They seem to not shift out of 1st in 4 high.

Strap the front down tight or not?

4 low 3rd gear, hottest tune, lower air pressure in front tires and some out the back, strap the axel with 2 straps and have buddy's stand on bumper and bounce to get tight lol. Set hitch hight as high as the class will let you (26 inches for me ) get rolling then hammer it. Good luck

08Monster

Reaction score
4 low 3rd gear, hottest tune, lower air pressure in front tires and some out the back, strap the axel with 2 straps and have buddy's stand on bumper and bounce to get tight lol. Set hitch hight as high as the class will let you (26 inches for me ) get rolling then hammer it. Good luck
How far should I get going before I hammer it? A couple feet or 50 feet.

50_shooter

Reaction score
I build boost and hammer it right away. It's a lot easier to gain speed early in the pull. Every bit of speed you have will carry you further once the sled hits. I'm not sure about the gear choice. Personally I would do hi 1st, because if it shifts to 4th in low I doubt you will have enough power to pull through it, but I never pulled my truck with just a tune so idk. I do know low 4 was just about perfect in my truck but I have well over 650hp just guessing.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Try to get rolling without breaking traction is the best I can say. I pull in 4 high 1st but I have more power now. When I pulled with little turbo 4 low seemed ok but never tried high either. You will not get it right the first time so just do your best and pay attention so you learn for the next pull.

heres_al99

Reaction score
yep 4low but i run in drive then lock it to 4th fronts at 17lbs rears at 50 seems to work great for my truck, oh i run 35 mts also and if your aloud to run bump stops in the rear do so and set them to 1inch movement