upgrade non vgt

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Big bitch but she moves lol
7a3ujava.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

When did craigles because phresh on twenny fo's?!

phale

Reaction score
Well, we've had our kit in about the same state of completion for about a year now. We've been so busy with customer projects, orders, etc., that it has stayed on the back burner. That was until this past weekend. After 80000 miles of abuse, the shop truck popped the stock turbo, and it needs to be running again ASAP so the shop can keep functioning. It looks like our stuff will be tested and available sooner than later as another stock unit will not be going on. Here's a pic of some mock-up stuff back in February.
903808_433576633390625_1527792580_o.jpg

VGT and non-VGT options in various sizes will be available. They will be a drop-in setup capable of being added to for compounds as well. When the truck gets torn down, & turbo installed, we will likely be showing build pics in our vendor section. Stay tuned.

Duramax VGT on a 6.7 powerstroke. Never would have thought of that one, but I guess the upipes(or whatever they are called on a 6.7) are a pretty close fit.

Cc2cuz

Reaction score
Awesome vids. Do you happen to have any more? Maybe of the turbo spooling down after letting off the gas, and some were we can hear the exhaust side. Cabin sounds great. I'm telling you, its these vids that are almost making me drop the cash this instant.
Thanks

Last edited:

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
From driving that thing thats what it runs at lol driving its like 203

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thats crazy, figured it was from hot rodding it around. Mines never that high unless im pulling

The airwerks turbo's make more intake air heat.
That in turns heats up the secondary cooling system which is used to cool the trans.
The fluid dyne trans coolers that have the integrated fans are nice to pull the tranny fluid out of cooling system 2.

It also lets the water to air work with a lower temp coolant adding a denser charge air mixture.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Duramax VGT on a 6.7 powerstroke. Never would have thought of that one, but I guess the upipes(or whatever they are called on a 6.7) are a pretty close fit.

Very good idea.

Will the quicker spooling up vgt affect the durability of the bottom end?

I know the dmax with the danville 72mm vgt's can get close to 800 rwhp.
A 6.7 with one of those would be wicked!

highdrum

Reaction score
If H&S was spraying their 6.7 to 800+ horse, I would think that 600hp with a larger turbo and 55% of CP4 or dual fuelers should be safe, but everything is breakable.

01PSD

Reaction score
If H&S was spraying their 6.7 to 800+ horse, I would think that 600hp with a larger turbo and 55% of CP4 or dual fuelers should be safe, but everything is breakable.

That was just a few runs on a dyno though at those levels. No where near enough evidence to call this bottom end good to those levels.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
ive seen 203 trans temps a bunch of times already, with a stock turbo. if you beat on it with converter unlocked you will see that.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
even not beating on mine it runs 199 at least all the time, no biggie the oil doesnt break down till 240 anyway

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I think it has to do more with the fabrication and the knowledge of airflow dynamics that helped produce the power it did over yours. Honestly I can't imagine any of your exhaust or intake side setup being beneficial to your kit. But that's neither here not there. MPD put down some good power today and I'd dare say that in a different truck with less rolling stock, you may even see more out of it. Either way, hats off to Craig

If you check the latest dyno Steve the trucks are both the same.
Woodboy posted it on .org

Latest posts

Members online