Fuel cooler delete/relocation

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Why arent they good? The return is still hooked up even with an airdog... Just the aupply is not hooked up....

BFT

Reaction score
Will do bud, thanks.

Here is another cooler I found. Been thinking of a trans cooler but it runs pretty cool, figured it would work good with the fuel and it's smaller
3585_1_md.jpg

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Id give the company a call just to be sure its ok to run with diesel.... Also maybe a switch on the fan.... So in winter you can leave it off until the truck it at temp?

BFT

Reaction score
diesel fuel can go through it and its farely priced (thanks for the summit bump)

these are the specs
Overall Height (in)10.000 in.Overall Width (in)12.500 in.Overall Thickness (in)4.000 in.Cooler ConstructionTube and finCooler MaterialCopper/AluminumFan QuantitySingleMaximum Fan CFM650 cfmFan Diameter (in)10.000 in.Inlet Size-6 ANInlet AttachmentMale threadsOutlet Size-6 ANOutlet AttachmentMale threadsNumber of Cooling Rows16Core Height (in)10.000 in.Core Width (in)12.375 in.Core Thickness (in)1.750 in.

lubeowner

Reaction score
this may be correct lubeowner, all i know is when i had the same set up with my sct it held fuel pressure even on erics race tunes, now on my mini max on wild(3 out of 4) it will drop pressure quick, the only difference is when i had the sct i had a reg on it.. also like i said before, the factory return is regd at the fuel bowl to 3psi

I am not saying it isnt right, I'm just saying i dont understand how it helps. What i can comprehend is that when the fuel if returned to the bowl the return is basically acting like like a second supply source for low pressure fuel to the filter and the hpop. Thus compenstating for a low pressure supply issue. What i dont understand is how regulating the return pressure has any effect on the hpop ability to make pressure if you are not returning it to the feed of the hpop.

nickg3130

Reaction score
diesel fuel can go through it and its farely priced (thanks for the summit bump)

these are the specs
Overall Height (in)10.000 in.Overall Width (in)12.500 in.Overall Thickness (in)4.000 in.Cooler ConstructionTube and finCooler MaterialCopper/AluminumFan QuantitySingleMaximum Fan CFM650 cfmFan Diameter (in)10.000 in.Inlet Size-6 ANInlet AttachmentMale threadsOutlet Size-6 ANOutlet AttachmentMale threadsNumber of Cooling Rows16Core Height (in)10.000 in.Core Width (in)12.375 in.Core Thickness (in)1.750 in.

I think you should do a write up if you do a cooler delete. Im sure many guys want to clean up things under the hood me being one of them.

BFT

Reaction score
I think you should do a write up if you do a cooler delete. Im sure many guys want to clean up things under the hood me being one of them.

That was the plan for this thread but just to relocate and change the cooler itself. A couple guys have done it but I think they have fuel blocks replacing the fuel canister and filter, as do I.
Just trying to give the option for the guys not running an air dog.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I am not saying it isnt right, I'm just saying i dont understand how it helps. What i can comprehend is that when the fuel if returned to the bowl the return is basically acting like like a second supply source for low pressure fuel to the filter and the hpop. Thus compenstating for a low pressure supply issue. What i dont understand is how regulating the return pressure has any effect on the hpop ability to make pressure if you are not returning it to the feed of the hpop.

I see what your getting at im thinking the extra pressure may help make sure all the rotary pumps in the. Hpfp... Just a theory that's all... Im gonna test it as soon as some more fittings come... Ill keep you guys posted

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Jeff, just be quiet :poke:

LOL

Sorry. I had to.

BTW, I am very interested in how this works out for you. I will eventually be doing the Air Dog upgrade and would love to clean up the rest of that crap. Hope it goes well for you buddy and I am sure you will provide a very helpful write-up like you usually do.

BFT

Reaction score
Look at all that room!

Just by lookin at the pic I can see you can link the 2 beaded lines with a barbed fitting. From there (for the guys with stock or elites turbos) maybe a coolant block or 2 "T"s would help to keep the actuator in check, assuming that it flows straight with no restrictions or seals.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online