Fuel cooler delete/relocation

BFT

Reaction score
They are normally made "stickies" and are found on the top of the particular forum. They say "sticky" on it before the thread name

Last edited:

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Thanks guys, not as newbie as my post count seems.. was over at PSN for a few years. I finally got my hands on a dedicated toy truck and plan to start wrenching at the house and these write ups are awesome help. Just trying to keep the stuff all together.

Now back on topic..

BFT

Reaction score
small update on the cooler. i purchased the small DERALE cooler and should be in by the end of the week. i just have to find room since the air dog is in the way.

BFT

Reaction score
Got the cooler in today from summit. I will be mounting it in the rear where the spare tire was.
I'll make a list of what I used and round about cost, if someone is interested in doing it.
IMG_9491.jpg

IMG_9979.jpg

BFT

Reaction score
i think with everything it should be around $200 with the price of the cooler.
if any one is in the cali area and has a stock fuel system, i would like to try it so people have that option as well.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I like the location of it better then on the frame rail. Looks to have better air flow where you put it.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I wouldn't think it needs to be too big, fuel is thinner than oil and should cool quicker. The stock one isn't very large either.

BFT

Reaction score
I don't think it has to be that big since it has the remote fan. I'll hook it up to an up fitter switch to kick the fan on if it's needed

nickg3130

Reaction score
I wouldn't think it needs to be too big, fuel is thinner than oil and should cool quicker. The stock one isn't very large either.

That's what I was thinking maybe just a little bigger than stock. I do like the fan idea though as BFT said. Keep us posted on how it comes out I'm very interested.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I don't think it has to be that big since it has the remote fan. I'll hook it up to an up fitter switch to kick the fan on if it's needed
Wouldn't it be better to run a thermostat to kick on when it is needed instead of doing it manually?

BFT

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about it but I highly doubt it will ever come on. I know the fuel gets hot in the summer when towing. Plus I don't want to depend on the thermostat if it fails

oneturboforme

Reaction score
If you want to get real fancy... Hook the 12v that turned on the old coolent pump to the fan... Doubt it will ever come on but maybe.. also that fitting is 12x 1.5mm if I remember correctly

Latest posts

Members online